FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Polynesian restaurant china and server ware
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Polynesian restaurant china and server ware
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 8:41 pm   Permalink

I'm jealous!!!!

But at least now I know where my cup came from!!! And I'll be on the lookout for other pieces!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-06 7:02 pm   Permalink

Trader Vic's salad plate by Sterling.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-07 04:27 am   Permalink

How about some silverware or flatware as it's known the the biz I guess. Must be allot of it around as it won't break.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-08 6:22 pm   Permalink

Scored this in Vegas!:

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 3:10 pm   Permalink

Trav,

Here is a compote bowl with the unmistakable logo from the Don The Beachcomber's restaurant at the Sahara in Las Vegas (recently sold on ebay).

No maker marking on the bottom.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-13 05:26 am   Permalink

Thanks Dusty. I saw a plate go on eBay not to long ago with the same logo for the Vegas location. I have H.F. Coors as the maker of china for the other locations. Not sure if this one is the same company but would be great to find one with that logo with a makers mark. Thanks for the addition.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-19 6:16 pm   Permalink

A rare Mauna Loa china dinner plate just sold on ebay. Now have it in the list on page one of the thread as being made by Jackson china.

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-20 6:19 pm   Permalink

Still haven't figured out where the Mauna Kai plate is from. It's in the book of tiki at towards the end.
The first one is from the Aloha Bar & Restaurant - 2775 Monroe Ave - Rochester, New York, United States:
http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=220

[ This Message was edited by: Tahitiki 2009-11-20 18:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tahitiki 2009-11-20 18:25 ]

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-20 11:58 pm   Permalink

Tahitiki,

Those are some killer plates. Never heard of either of those locations, thanks for posting.

Here is a Tepco plate made for Trader Vic's that I spied on ebay recently.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-21 05:44 am   Permalink

We can't leave out Frankoma Pottery who made some fine items for the Trade Winds in Tulsa OK. Including some great serve and tableware.

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-22 4:39 pm   Permalink

Some of mine

Mai Tai slightly different makers mark

Diamond Head not sure where this is from?

Cathay Island, New Hampshire

Tiki Lau, Westford & Amesbury, Mass

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 08:27 am   Permalink

Tikisgrl. Thanks for the great additions. I have added them to the list on page one. The list is getting bigger. I believe your Diamond Head plate is from this location posted by Dustycajun. Thanks for posting.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33741&forum=2

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2009-11-23 08:30 ]

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-24 5:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-02 09:36, uncle trav wrote:
I saw this image while I was doing a bit of online research. From the Chi Chi Club in Palm Springs about 1952. A great dinner plate with an image of a Leeteg velvet also used on the menu cover.

Posted this glass in finds. There doesn't seem to be a thread for glassware yet... So I'll add it here.

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-27 3:11 pm   Permalink

Trav - sorry I was late getting back to you on the mark on that Mauna Loa plate. Glad you found the info on eBay. Mine is marked Jackson China as well.

Here are a few more from my collection. First, a comparison of the Traders vs. Trader Vic's logos:

The Traders is marked Wallace China. The Trader Vic's is marked Sterling China.

The Hawaiian Gardens, (Holly, MI), dinner plate:

Tex Cook's Kai Kai. The only plate I know mixing Tapa with a Longhorn Steer motif.

And a few photos I've gleaned from eBay:

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-27 3:44 pm   Permalink

Hey, Sabu! Do you know how old that Trader Vic's plate is? I just got lucky on ebay & scored one for $7.99!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation