FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Polynesian restaurant china and server ware
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Polynesian restaurant china and server ware
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-27 4:38 pm   Permalink

Very very nice Sabu. I have never heard of the Kai Kai. Great additions to the thread. This just keeps getting better. Thanks for the photos.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-21 5:48 pm   Permalink

ebay been bery bery good to me!
Trader Vic's Salad Plate-Sterling China:

Kahiki Creamer-Sterling China:

Kon Tiki Teapot-Walker China:

Luau Tea Cup-Walker China:

Luau Salad Plate-Walker China:

Islander Footed, Diamond-shaped Plate-Jackson China:

Mauna Kai Compote-Unmarked:

Mauna Loa Dinner Plate-Jackson China:

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-31 05:50 am   Permalink

Big Kahuna you are building an impressive collection of china. I added the piece from the Islander to the list on page one. Thanks for sharing and keep posting those great finds.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-23 07:14 am   Permalink

Time for a list of flatware or more commonly known as silverware. Seems to be not as common as the china for some reason but fits the thread just fine.

Oneida Flatware

Mauna Loa, Detroit
Kahiki

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 5:57 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff. Here is a menu from the Mauna Kai and I will add info in Locating Tiki.....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-28 4:54 pm   Permalink

Tons of china makers and restaurants listed so far. I have added some more to the list. Here is a plate that I picked up awhile back. The plate is the same pattern used at the Hawaiian Cottage but in a yellow color. Thanks for all of the input and photos.

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-28 9:22 pm   Permalink

Trav,

I see you had this on your list, but did not see the image of this plate I saw on ebay.

The South Pacific from Buffalo China.

I wonder which South Pacific this is from? I don't think it is from the well known Hallandale location. This is like that SP mug mystery.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-07 8:21 pm   Permalink

A coupla new additions:

The creamer is Jackson. The mug just says IHS on the bottom.

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2010-03-07 20:22 ]

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-05 1:50 pm   Permalink

Powder blue Scorpion bowl by Tepco. The first one by Tepco that I have found.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-14 4:24 pm   Permalink

Found this big Trader Vic's Menehune platter today. Measures 14" by 11" and shows the Menehunes bringing food and a barrel of rum to the hut.
oops! I see Sven had posted this one way back on page two. I like it allot though.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2010-08-14 16:34 ]

Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-14 5:09 pm   Permalink

Aku Aku Las Vegas Platter

Made by Sterling - East Liverpool Ohio, USA

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shaker 2010-08-14 17:11 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-14 7:19 pm   Permalink

Trav,

Here is a Mayer China plate from the Kapiolani Drive Inn Restaurant I saw on the net. I don't know much about this place, but it is one cool plate.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 05:06 am   Permalink

Here are a couple of patent drawings that I thought would fit in here. There are more out there for liquor decanters but I didn't think they fit the theme of the thread. First up a stemware glass made for Trader Vic's by Morgantown Glass. Dated 1958.

Closeup.

Patent drawing for Trader Vic"s skull mug dated 1939. Produced by Tepco. Though some may not consider this design a true Tiki mug the early patent date puts it in the running as one of the earliest mugs designed for a Polynesian restaurant in my view.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 08:53 am   Permalink

Trav, those are awesome! Where'd ya find those?

JONPAUL
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 11:16 am   Permalink

Tiki Mug Patents
FIBERGLASS JUNGLE on Luxuria

View Profile of JONPAUL Send a personal message to JONPAUL  Goto the website of JONPAUL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation