FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Polynesian restaurant china and server ware
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Polynesian restaurant china and server ware
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 11:42 am   Permalink

The patent search is a great way to kill some time.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 07:59 am   Permalink

Trav,

This plate from the Huke Lau sold on ebay recently. Made by Jackson China. The listing said it was from on the the location in Chicopee, MA.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 08:48 am   Permalink

DC, That's definitely from Chicopee. My buddy has a glass with the same graphics. I was watching that & her other serving ware auctions, but they got too rich for my blood. I'm pinching pennies right now.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 6:22 pm   Permalink

Big kahuna,

I was watching those as well, the plates were all very nice and sold for handsome prices in today's market.

Here is another plate from the auction - from the Bali Hai and also made by Jackson China. There was no location identified in the auction.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-12 12:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-14 19:19, Dustycajun wrote:
Trav,

Here is a Mayer China plate from the Kapiolani Drive Inn Restaurant I saw on the net. I don't know much about this place, but it is one cool plate.

DC

Trav,

Found this photo of the Kapiolani Drive In Restaurant that matches the plate. It was located in Honolulu.

DC

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 06:05 am   Permalink

Here is a great little teapot that was on eBay awhile ago. Made by Jackson China for the Aloha Restaurant in Rochester NY. Nice rendering of the restaurant on it.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-01 6:09 pm   Permalink

Found this platter recently but have no idea where it was used. Any ideas? Measures 13" wide. It is unmarked on the back.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-27 7:54 pm   Permalink

A few of these plates and platters from the South Pacific restaurant have been surfacing on ebay.

Made by Wallace China.

DC

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-28 07:57 am   Permalink

A few more from ebay. Here is a plate from the Mauna Loa in Mexico featuring the classic Picasso Tiki.

The manufacturer, never seen this one before.

And other plate from Tiki Jack's made by Tepco.

Never heard of this place. Anybody else?

DC

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-27 3:40 pm   Permalink

Trader Vics Dinner Plate

Back side

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-02 9:21 pm   Permalink

Plates from the Polynesia Restaurant located in Seattle.

Made by Jackson China.

And a plate from the Willows Restaurant in Hawaii.

Made by Sterling.

DC

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-18 07:55 am   Permalink

Took this picture awhile ago, but forgot to post it.
In Moundsville, WV there's a museum at the mound from which the town takes it's name, exhibits talk about local history in addition to the Adena people who built the mound and one is titled: "Homer Laughlin China Company: West Virginia’s Gift to the World". In this exhibit they have "the OTHER Great Wall of China"
And wouldn't you know it, there on the wall is Homer Laughlin's Trader Vic's logo plate.

Homer Laughlin's mentioned in this thread, the HLC plate with the menehune border is shown, and the TV logo plate from Sterling China, but it looks like they produced these as well at some point.

If you want to know more about the mound:
http://www.wvculture.org/museum/GraveCreekmod.html
The plate on wall of china is shown in the video at 3:09.

It's very close to Young's Cafeteria, which is tiki in WV!
http://critiki.com/location/?loc_id=571

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 4:09 pm   Permalink

At an area estate sale last week I found a binder full of Hall China (East Liverpool, OH) brochures.
But the one that thrilled me was the one for their
"Dynasty of extraordinary colors...

captured in a variety of Chinese, Japanese, Polynesian table top designs"

I knew that had a few shapes (I have the shell and coconut) but didn't know that they marketed to this market!
I was really thrilled because I had just picked up and put down this lovely lady:

I left with her and the brochure.

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 5:09 pm   Permalink

That's pretty damn cool. Was there anybody there to talk to about its origins?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-08 17:09, Big Kahuna wrote:
That's pretty damn cool. Was there anybody there to talk to about its origins?

Nobody! and no other Hall china to be found. It was the second day of the sale and I think that must've sold already (and the staff wasn't interested in chatting up some crazy man about an old piece of wood.)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation