FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki Mocamele (Sip to Shore), Woodbridge, VA (home-bar)
Tiki Mocamele (Sip to Shore), Woodbridge, VA (home-bar)
Tiki Mocamele

Posted: 2009-10-23 5:48 pm   Permalink

Name:Tiki Mocamele (Sip to Shore)
Type:home-bar
Street:Belmont Bay
City:Woodbridge
State:VA
Zip:22191
Phone:

Description:
On the banks of the Occoquan River, near our Nation's Capital, is where we anchored long enough to create our own island oasis. The basic bar was made from a design purchased from "Tiki Kev" but once I had the electrical wiring in place, that's where I went in my own direction.

Named for the members of our family, Moco, Coco, Anthony, Max, Erika and Lilo; I take you on the journey of building our home TiKi Bar. Mahalo!

I began with a furniture-less living room full of toys and my liquor cabinet as a blank slate.

My wife said that if it was going to be inside the house (and it was...no backyard here) then it had to look like furniture while still capturing that beach rum shack appeal.

This is day one's progress. April '09. Fortunately we had been collecting Hawaiiana and other island chachkis for many years prior to the actual construction.

Install the electrical boxes and wiring.

Attach upright poles.

Start attaching exterior facia. Flanking Tikis have already arrived from Bamboo and Tikis in San Diego, these guys were awesome to work with, shipped all the way across country very fast and have better pricing than anywhere I have found.

I immediately get ahead of myself and start decorating the bar, and having drinks at it. I will do this throughout the process, only to have to take down all the deco I put up in order to move on to the next step.

So I cut and lay the bar top on, set some trim around the edges and lay some table runner on the bar top, also attaching a string of party lights gets me in the mood for more happy hour, and more decorating. Unfortunately at this time I am called away to Puerto Rico for work...how will I use this to my advantage?

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Mocamele 2009-10-23 18:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Mocamele 2009-10-23 18:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Mocamele 2009-10-25 18:04 ]

View Profile of Tiki Mocamele Send a personal message to Tiki Mocamele      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation