FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mondo Tiki 2003 Pics!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Mondo Tiki 2003 Pics!
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-04-22 4:39 pm   Permalink

DAMMIT!!! I am SO, INCREDIBLY, RAGINGLY, in 48-point-font, PISSED...

...that I didn't get a picture of Gorilla X with HAMMER!

Next year I'm keeping that suit on full-time.

mig
www.gorilla-x.com

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-22 4:52 pm   Permalink

Im soo glad I missed the peeing thing, that just totally ruined the anna nicole fantasy I had of those two.I had more pics but some came out blurry and others to dark. glad everyone liked them, cant wait to see more pics from other ppl.

Now to flush my system and get ready for the Oasis, look out liver

Hope to see everyone there.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-04-22 7:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-21 01:22, tikivixen wrote:
You guys really consider sinewy, tan and tough-looking the ultimate in sexy? I thought the Mamie Van Doren lookalike with the flower in her hair was a bit of all right...for 1957, anyway. But I note, Marilyn Monroe and Bettie Page did not have "workout" bodies.

And speaking of Bettie Page, today happens to be her 80th birthday. SO, happy birthday, Ms. Page, wherever you are.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-23 11:34 am   Permalink

Aloha Whoaha!

What a luau! Thanks to Holden and all the Tikiphiles that gave Vegas yet another great opportunity to hear great music/party/drink/pee.

I am honored to have shared the stage with Shag and Sven (the Tiki Ali'i) and am thinking of pursuing the conch full time.

See y'all at the Oasis!

*CLASSIFIED*
Room Crawl Veteran
"I survived 135"

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 8:41 pm   Permalink

Hey kids, I got a small bunch of photos in the new TC photo archives from Mondo Tiki. (I still gotta develop the rest the old-fashioned way.) Anyway, here's the link:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/archives/mondo2003

Y'all should post some more in there so we can have a big ol' family type album.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 9:40 pm   Permalink

VG, very nice pics. Good compositions. Somebody knows how to take high quality pics.
50 clams says you've done some modeling. Am I right? Thanks for sharing.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-24 10:57 am   Permalink

Back to the why these girls and not these. comment. I think girls who have bi tendencies and are not hard bodies but are comfortable with their bodies and sexualities dont really care what other people think. (That must have been the longest sentence with the most clauses I have even written. Im tired just thinking about it.) I also think that the hard bodied gals are more self conscious and tuned in to ridicule, so they would be less likely to be exhibitionists then the other gals.

Just a thought: How much alcohol was involved? Because that can also be a huge factor, I find that I have actually been quite the exhibitionist myself with a few drinks added to the mix. Oh well!

On the subject of beautiful women come in many shapes; I thought the blond was cute, Very Gwen. Great Hair!

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.:* _.*._ *:.
.:*`*:.*. .* .:**:.
.:*

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-04-24 11:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-24 10:57, Tikibelle wrote:Just a thought: How much alcohol was involved? Because that can also be a huge factor, I find that I have actually been quite the exhibitionist myself with a few drinks added to the mix.

Now, which upcoming tiki events will you be attending?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-04-24 3:40 pm   Permalink

Jabbo- you dirty old man!

You know, I know I'm going to be thrown out of tiki central for saying this, or at the very least ridiculed by several (mostly male) members, but I was a little off-put by the whole bikini contest. When I read that it was going to be a part of Mondo, I was kind of disappointed. That really seemed like a spring-break-MTV-Cancun-parrothead-fratslob thing to do. I mean, aren't we past this kind of stuff? Sometimes, there's a performance/artisitc/camp element to these things, like the burlesque shows, but this is just drooling guys looking at skin. There are many fabulous things to celebrate about the 40s 50s and 60s, but I think "objectification of women" is probably one that we can leave behind. Of course, they were all volunteers, so what the fuck do I know? Sorry to all if I sound like a lame-o, it's just my 2 cents.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 4:05 pm   Permalink

Mar, I like to objectify women as much as the next guy but I agree with you too. A burlesque show would have been so much more "in our vein." That's what I think 'those girls' were trying to give us. I think, perhaps, we all might have been over the bikini contest but the Hard Rock wasn't. I guess it might have been a way for the normal folk to be part of what we were doing there. But yeah, I think bikini contests are pretty trashy too. Al did a great job MCing though.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 4:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-24 15:40, martiki6 wrote:
There are many fabulous things to celebrate about the 40s 50s and 60s, but I think "objectification of women" is probably one that we can leave behind.

Thanks for speaking out!

--cindy, angry feminazi women's college grrl

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 8:30 pm   Permalink

I heard through the grapevine that, "that" is going to be the next HR venture. A Burlesque Event!. Keep your hopes up and keep in touch with the HRH.

I also think they should've had a "Naked Bi-Girl" contest. That would've been a "Riot!"

Or better yet a "Drunken Easter Egg hunt!" "Naked!"

I need a cold shower!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 10:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-23 21:40, jungletrader wrote:
VG, very nice pics. Good compositions. Somebody knows how to take high quality pics.
50 clams says you've done some modeling. Am I right? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliment JT. I'd better have some decent composition in my shots considering I was an art/photo major in college. Atomic Cocktail's ain't so bad either since he was a film student at NYU. I also believe in editing too though. A bunch of photos can seem a lot stronger if you take out all the bad stuff.

As for extracurricular activities, yes I do model (mostly vintage stuff) as well as dance, sing and I've even done a little burlesque.

So where's my 50 clams.....preferrably with some nice alfredo sauce on top.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ElDiablo

Posted: 2003-04-25 09:20 am   Permalink

Great Mondo Party!!!
The mixers were not the greatest, but it sure had me kissing the bath tub all night.
My wife and I came back on time to see APE performing, and by that time I was pretty Ape myself. Yes, we were the ones "attempting" to limbo, but instead I did a roll back manuver!

As for the girls, they were doing their thing and they all looked good, It's all about having a good time. As far as pissing goes... don't know. But I did chat with Bamboo Ben in the restroom who told me he bought his bamboo suit at the Men's warehouse... As if I wasn't dazed and confused already.

Over all even with the bad hang over I give it five tikis!!!

I think it was the cigar at Cuba libre what put me over the edge, I don't even smoke!

View Profile of ElDiablo Send a personal message to ElDiablo  Email ElDiablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 01:00 am   Permalink

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation