FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mondo Tiki 2003 Pics!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Mondo Tiki 2003 Pics!
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 01:05 am   Permalink

Ouch...hope you weren't the ones who hit the beautiful ROCK WALL....yyouch.
Ben handpainted that suit. Look for it in an upcoming Men's Warehouse commercial. They thought he was crazy...well, ya, he is, kinda.
Ooooh ou.... Oooooh ou!
Ape in Oasis will be da kind! Just limbo towards softer landings.
Mrs. Bamboo

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-28 12:03 am   Permalink

Okay VG, how about a few oysters on the half shell at The Blue Beet in Newport Beach?..........with the local TCer's of course..........if they can handle oysters on the half shell...

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tik tok tikis

Posted: 2003-04-28 09:50 am   Permalink

It was really great meeting everybody at the show!!! Great job Holden! I look forward to seeing you all at Palm Springs. Stop by the table and say hi and give me your thoughts on my products. I'll have more items this show.

View Profile of tik tok tikis Send a personal message to tik tok tikis  Email tik tok tikis Goto the website of tik tok tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-04-28 10:08 am   Permalink

Physiological fact #2762 - in appriximately 99.99999% of all cases, women over the age of 23 should not, repeat not, wear g-strings.

Gravity sucks.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-28 10:13 am   Permalink

Bong is back!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 04:56 am   Permalink

Well, I finally got all that hairspray washed out of my hair! and am back online...

I wanna give a great big shout-out and thank you to Holden for putting together Mondo Tiki and ESPECIALLY for all the Tiki Centralites for making the looong trek out to Las Vegas and withstanding the chilly vegas evening to support the vendors and show.

I think the memory of that weekend will be a favorite... especially after I hear all the 'backstories.'

What an incredible and unexpected treat to see SHAG join BigBroTiki Sven and Hukilau Brown doing bird calls on Quiet Village. It was just more than this girl can handle!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 2:58 pm   Permalink

Mondo Tiki is probably a distant memory to all of you by now (if you remember it at all - too many Scorpions - ouch!) but I have finally just returned home!

Rolled into Chicago at 5AM this morning (May 01), with 6000 new miles on my Nissan and more than a couple-few new stories to tell from 16 solid days on the road.

Thanks again to Holden for throwing a first rate Tiki bash, and to all of the kind folks who gave me the priviledge of scribbling on ther TRT books. Your support means the world to me.

I didn't get to see too much of the event myself, as I was busy scrawling my Hancock all over shiny new books, so thanks to those who posted pics.

See you all at Hukilau and Exotica 2003!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 5:09 pm   Permalink

I moved this post to the right thread

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-05-02 09:25 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-02 02:18 am   Permalink

Even though I'm a little bit mature to be at a springbreak event, I'm sure glad I made the effort to fly in for the afternoon at Mondo Tiki 2003. My old Navy buddy Mike, who lives in Vegas, went with me and we had a great time just sitting back a sippin'MaiTai's and listening to the Thurston Howlies morph the theme song from Gilligan's Island and some song by the Doors, I think? Big Mahalo to all of you who worked so hard to make Mondo Tiki a success.

View Profile of tikiboy Send a personal message to tikiboy  Email tikiboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-02 8:29 pm   Permalink

Did anyone lose red cumberbund? we found one backstage...

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-02 8:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-02 20:29, Futura Girl wrote:
Did anyone lose red cumberbund? we found one backstage...

Red, eh? My missing cumberbund was more of a fuschia. Oh, well.

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-03 9:11 pm   Permalink

Finally posting some more pics from the Mondo weekend... We had a blast - fun to see familiar tiki folks, and meet some new people. Thanks to Futura Girl for putting together the Vegas bus tour. And at the event, it was fun to see Bamboo Ben's pics from Eli Hedley (Lamarr), check out all the carvers, and see the whole afternoon show, complete with Bax, license to spill.

Futura Girl, Eric and Naomi at Taboo Cove

Shag, Bigbro, and Hukilau Brown

Cherry Capri & the Thurston Howlies with Iuka Grogg

Charles Phoenix in fez, with slideshow.

The Harbor Bar at the Tropicana.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2003-05-05 11:01 pm   Permalink

Better late than never!

Me and buddy Jeff enjoying Mondo twilight

Cindy, Brendan, me and Robin at Mondo

me and Charles Phoenix with Bamboo Ben behind us

I'm relaxing listening to the trickle of the water wheel at the Dispensary Lounge. When is that guy going to get done in the bathroom?

moai bar at VLV car show

The best steaks in town!

before...

and 24 ounces after!

Bananas Foster coming right up! We had flaming coffee after this desert.

neon signs at the new Neonopolis entertainment center downtown - most were working animated signs

the smoke rings moved up on this one

the champagne "flowed" into the glass as the bottle tipped

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj

Posted: 2003-05-06 1:11 pm   Permalink

Cool pics jab - that's quite a steak. Neonopolis is still on our to-visit list in Vegas.

And now, still more pics from the Mondo weekend... Naomi put together a neato slideshow of photos taken in and around Vegas, plus a bunch at Mondo Tiki. Check em out!

http://www.chihuahuaplanet.com/photo/phveg03.html

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 1:30 pm   Permalink

Here are my Mondo Tiki pix...

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation