FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Sven's The SOUND of TIKI CD -preview and discussion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
Sven's The SOUND of TIKI CD -preview and discussion
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-18 09:51 am   Permalink

SNL's October 1st show had a skit called "The Comment Section". People who make uninformed or anonymous nasty online comments are confronted by their targets. It was a reasonably funny skit and reminded me of Mr. Chubby's comment.

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 3:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-18 09:51, Tonga Tiki wrote:
SNL's October 1st show had a skit called "The Comment Section". People who make uninformed or anonymous nasty online comments are confronted by their targets. It was a reasonably funny skit and reminded me of Mr. Chubby's comment.

i believe that is known as "confronting your
haters".

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-24 10:56 am   Permalink

Finally got my copy from Sven a couple weeks ago & am doing my best to spread the gospel here in the East.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-25 06:48 am   Permalink

I just found this on U-Tube:

One of the performers featured on my CD, Mary Kaye and her band, appeared in an episode of 77 Sunset Strip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za6UQPBp6a0&feature=related

Just like Arthur Lyman on the 77 Sunset spin-off Hawaiian Eye. Plus, in the 2nd half, there's a cool "Beatnik lingo" duet with Ed "Kookie" Byrnes - too bad it is so out of sync! The Brylcreem commercial is perfect for Kookie, and don't miss the South Pacific "Green Lustre Creme" spot at the end.

Here are two versions of "Kookie's Love Song":

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/05/365_days_141_ed.html

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-11-25 06:49 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-25 09:33 am   Permalink

That was great!

Why did 1964 ever have to happen?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation