FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events New Year's Eve ! The Tikiyaki Orchestra at Don the Beachcomber !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
New Year's Eve ! The Tikiyaki Orchestra at Don the Beachcomber !
hoolie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-21 5:50 pm   Permalink

So great to have a cool place to go to start the New Year! Our tickets are secured, and we're ready for action...

View Profile of hoolie Send a personal message to hoolie  Email hoolie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-26 09:54 am   Permalink

I'm so glad you guys are doing Don's again this year. Last year was an absolute blast! I wouldn't miss it for the world!

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-29 11:24 am   Permalink

So who is on the Fence about this?
a bunch of people at Don't last night were talking about being there.
and how much fun they had last year.

It's only gonna be better.
Great Food and Drink under Don's ownership now.
and I'm sure they are prepared for the crowd this year.

and what hasn't been said about how amazing, and Fun Tikiyaki Orchestra.
and the Eliminators are.

Don't dilly dally and miss out on this.
Tix are going fast I hear.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-29 4:59 pm   Permalink

No fence-straddling here! We got our tix a couple of weeks ago, and are all reserved for the Hampton Inn too. Wouldn't miss it.

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-03 3:03 pm   Permalink

Early Jim Bacchi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaJ2dM--VSA

Jim, you rock!!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-03 3:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-03 15:03, lucas vigor wrote:
Early Jim Bacchi:

Jim, you rock!!!!

Fuzzbubble was such an awesome band. We keep talking about recording new material. I really hope I can find the time.

By The Way...Theremin on this track. Probably a first for a million-plus selling album....

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-03 15:46 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-04 11:23 am   Permalink

Just added to the show....

Big Tiki Dude will be on the wheels of steel DJ'ing....classic surf, exotica, hawaiian.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-04 11:23 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-04 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-03 15:44, tikiyaki wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-12-03 15:03, lucas vigor wrote:
Early Jim Bacchi:

Jim, you rock!!!!

Fuzzbubble was such an awesome band. We keep talking about recording new material. I really hope I can find the time.

By The Way...Theremin on this track. Probably a first for a million-plus selling album....

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-03 15:46 ]

The guitar playing is pretty damn awesome, too!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-04 6:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-04 11:23, tikiyaki wrote:
Just added to the show....

Big Tiki Dude will be on the wheels of steel DJ'ing....classic surf, exotica, hawaiian.

Thanks Jim,
its always a pleasure and a blast working with and watchin you guys.
true professionals, and great guys to boot.

for the dinner hours I will be playing it really mellow and low volume, then between bands and between sets of Tikiyaki I will step it up a Bit and include some mid tempo surf maybe. But no Rippin Dick Dale stuff.
gonna keep it classy.
Thanks again Jim.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-12-04 18:20 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-07 10:30 pm   Permalink

so who is comin' early and gonna start drinkin at 4?

Jeff(btd)

PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 4:36 pm   Permalink

So are tickets $75 or $95?

Here it says $75, but when I go to purchase it is $95. WTF?

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 6:57 pm   Permalink

Well, before this turns into a thing.

This situation was brought upon us just yesterday.

Here is the deal. This year, different than last year The band has been hired by Don The beachcomber to play New year's Eve.
Last year, Kona gave us the room and let us charge admission and we earned whatever tickets we sold. It was our show.
This year the show is being produced and run by Don The Beachcomber...that means they make the prices and rules.

Tickets are indeed $75 , but this price does not include tax and "service fee" (read : server tip)
So, the good folks at Don's put the show on sale without charging California Tax and gratuity. Unfortunately, management did not talk to the owners and the ticket price was told to us as $75. That is what we listed, because that is what we were told.

Unfortunately, because The Tikiyaki Orchestra is not the producers of this show, this kind of thing is beyond our control. We were hired by the Venue to be entertainment.

Naturally, we do our best to promote the band, and the shows we play, but in this case, that is all we're in control of.

So, now Don's has basically went and changed the ticket purchase price to include tax and gratuity.

I for one am not thrilled with this decision, but I understand the need to collect sales tax. Gratuity, well, that's another story.

So, let me just say, on behalf of the band,we're sorry for this situation, but it is indeed beyond our control. If you're angry about it, just know that we are too, but we hope that people understand that it's not something we did. If you have issue with this, you can call Don's and speak with them.

At the end of the day, if it were up to me, the admission would be $15 again, like last year, but I understand that this is a business and they need to cover their costs. I've been told that for new year's Eve, this kind of pricing is the norm, which is why I guess I always do something low key on New Year's.

I know that The crowne plaza in Redondo Baach is charging $50 for general admission to hear 2 dj's, and that includes nothing else...not even a seat or a table....so by comparison, I think it's a pretty good deal, even with the $20 additional tax and tip.

Anyway, I hope that clarifies things. I hope that none of you hold this against us, it is simply not our choice to make.

Mahalo

Jim

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-08 18:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-09 11:39 ]

PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 9:05 pm   Permalink

OK. All I wanted was an explanation and clarification of what the price really is. Thank you for providing that so promptly. I know what to expect now and what I am getting for my money.

So the bad news is it will cost me $40 more than I thought. The good news is I don't have to leave an extra tip.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eliminators
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-10 12:39 pm   Permalink

It's hard to believe a year had gone by since the last event. The band is STILL working on the new CD. The Eliminators will be debuting a song so new it is not on the new CD. New Years Eve will be the fist time in public that The Eliminators play their new song Starlight Cruise. If you want to slow dance during this song, please feel free.

[ This Message was edited by: Eliminators 2009-12-10 12:40 ]

View Profile of Eliminators Send a personal message to Eliminators  Email Eliminators Goto the website of Eliminators     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 4:29 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-12-11 11:16 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation