FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Royal Tahiti, Lubbock, TX (restaurant)
Royal Tahiti, Lubbock, TX (restaurant)
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 7:37 pm   Permalink

Name:Royal Tahiti
Type:restaurant
Street:4902 34th Street 22T
City:Lubbock
State:TX
Zip:79410
Phone:(806) 792-3772

Description:
The Royal Tahiti featured a Polynesian experience in dining as well as cocktails and banquet facilites.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 7:37 pm   Permalink

I purchased this matchbook recently, but I wasn't able to find any information whatsoever on-line. Have any of the Texas tikiphiles ever heard of this place?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 8:02 pm   Permalink

my friend, cindy crowell used to live in lubbock for awhile....i think the place was still operational in the late nineties and had a giant tiki statue out front - like super tall, from her description...i think this was the place.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 8:57 pm   Permalink

Cool, I don't believe I've ever heard of this place! Let's hear from Cindy Crowell!

Cool matchbook. Obviously the artist had no clue how to draw a Tiki, but the landscape on the back is grand.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 07:25 am   Permalink

I live in the area and will do some snoopin'.
Thanks for the info, it's been hard to find any trace of poly-pop out here (even amongst the Dolly Mack houses)!

All that I do know is that area looks to have been a shopping mall sometime in the past few decades and the city's ISD now is housed there.

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2009-11-03 07:30 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-04 8:16 pm   Permalink

As of today, the spot/building this former restaurant was housed has been razed to the ground. I didn't get very far in researching this place. Hopefully one day I can get back to it.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation