FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tim Reis' aka CustomKiis - Carvings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tim Reis' aka CustomKiis - Carvings
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 03:37 am   Permalink

Wow I see what you are doing now. Nice Job

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Customkiis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-24 5:13 pm   Permalink

Here are some updated pics. The face is roughed out and I am starting to tie everything together.

Had to rough out the feet to finish the legs.

In some areas the colorful wood, from the rot and bug damage, is starting to show through.

View Profile of Customkiis Send a personal message to Customkiis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 5:28 pm   Permalink

KUSTOMKIIS!!!! very cool carve yah got goin here!!!! luv ur style!!!! this ones gonna be bad ass!!! cheerz!!! p.s. i luv logs and wood like this w the spalting and dis colorations!!!! they finish up BEAUTIFUL!!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 6:06 pm   Permalink

Nice new one and great proportion as well.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 7:45 pm   Permalink

I would never have guessed this dude was hidden in that nasty old log. Well done.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 11:58 am   Permalink

This piece looks already perfect.

Great work.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 2:58 pm   Permalink

Coming along really nice! A rotted old log? That's some talent. Thanks for the progress posts.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 4:06 pm   Permalink

Both the carve and the wood have some major personality going on, lovin' it all!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Customkiis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-13 09:39 am   Permalink

Having a hard time with this one. Was really trying not to go through on the legs, but it just wasn't giving me the image I am seeing. Decided to punch through and now it is starting to look the way I want it to. I haven't touched the head, with the exception of the braids, since my last post. Should be able to start working my way up now.

View Profile of Customkiis Send a personal message to Customkiis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-13 6:31 pm   Permalink

Look at the detail in them hands he's got. That takes some serious skill! Nice work on this dude.

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Customkiis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-12 08:24 am   Permalink

I had my nephew pose with this guy for size reference.

Starting to make some progress. Was really slow going at first, but it is starting to take shape. Leaving the braids big allow me to add depth and detail later on if I choose.

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 08:58 am   Permalink

VERY nicely done!!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 1:43 pm   Permalink

Wow great looking tikis! Fine work you look like a pro.
I grew up in Eugene birth to 13 years old. Looking forward to seeing you around here @ TC.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 1:45 pm   Permalink

you do great work man!!!!! i love your style. im just starting out myself and it has taking me a year to finish my first but thats because im slow and lazy and dont really know what im doing yet........your patience shows in your work. cant wait to see your next progress shot

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Customkiis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-24 09:59 am   Permalink

Starting to zero in on one side of the face. Once I get one side where I want it, then I will make the other side match.

Once I get the face where I want it, then I will finish the body and feet, then off to sanding. Still probably a month out.

This carving is turning out to have a lot of depth, or layers. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.......patience.....patience......patience.....aaaargh!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation