Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Halloween
Tiki Halloween
Swangulo Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-05 10:48 am   Permalink

My husband Mike would never post his own stuff, so I thought I'd take the liberty and share some pics of the cool Halloween costume he made this year... he did this in the few days leading up to Halloween and it turned out pretty good! He got a lot of attention wherever we went, that's for sure.

Terra
www.myspace.com/swangulo

View Profile of Swangulo Tikis Send a personal message to Swangulo Tikis  Goto the website of Swangulo Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-05 11:05 am   Permalink

I like it, very smooth and shiny Does he have eye holes or he needs to be led around

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-05 11:10 am   Permalink

Great job on the Moai head!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swangulo Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-05 11:17 am   Permalink

Thanks, I'll pass along the compliments to him

The mouth had a slit that he could see out of, although not very well, other than straight ahead. It was done so quickly he didn't really do much "engineering."
When he took our daughter trick-or-treating he had to carry the head most of the time to avoid tripping over curbs and other little kids.

Terra
www.myspace.com/swangulo

View Profile of Swangulo Tikis Send a personal message to Swangulo Tikis  Goto the website of Swangulo Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-05 4:33 pm   Permalink

I think That is Awesome!he did a Great job, perhaps a few modifications to get the vision better and he can wear it year round!

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 5:02 pm   Permalink

Wow, Terra!

Mike's Moai mask is AWESOME!!! He should have worn it to the Purple Orchid on the 30th when we saw you guys out there! Sure you just came from a movie theatre where it would have obstructed the view of everybody sitting behind you, but sometimes people have to suffer for great art! And that is GREAT ART!!!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-11 7:40 pm   Permalink

I say mount a little LCD flatscreen inside the head and a little camera on top

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 9:03 pm   Permalink

that is cool i did Santo not really tiki but still kind of cool
and yea fella's that girl was the devil hahahaha

View Profile of The Witch Doctor Send a personal message to The Witch Doctor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Derek Mitchell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-11 11:11 pm   Permalink

Here I am in all my Hula glory. Had to get 2 grass skirts to fit around my fat ass. I would have just worn the shell bra, but my girl is the only one who would enjoy seeing me in that. She'e the chola molesting me in the pics.

View Profile of Derek Mitchell Send a personal message to Derek Mitchell  Email Derek Mitchell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 02:04 am   Permalink

Ah....that last picture IS scary!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swangulo Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-12 09:07 am   Permalink

Eric, I sooo regret not bringing the mask along that evening! (A photo in the Purple Orchid would have been better than the one taken in Trader Joes...)
Speaking of regrets, I had a camera in my purse and didn't photograph you and Manuel in your Duk Duk costumes - d'oh! I blame the French Zombie. You have given me YET ANOTHER reason to look forward to Halloween - can't wait to see what you come up with next year.

MadDogMike, the engineers that Mike works with wanted to add some LED action - I'm sure it will be modified at some point to include them. The camera idea is a good one! "Moai-Cam."

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation