FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Torch Questions.....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Torch Questions.....
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 09:32 am   Permalink

Hey Squawker~

Since you are local, and are in the "haunted arts", did you ever go to the "Haunted Crypt" at Chapman University back in 1992, 1993 & 1994? My audio production company did the custom haunted soundtrack for them. I still have the original 24 track tape, and, of course have it on DAT (digital audio tape) too. I co-produced, edited, and own the complete soundtrack. We even did the complete sound reinforcement setup at The Crypt. I'm still partly active (meaning when I feel like working "in the biz") as an audio consultant, and
this is my latest co-project still to be completed, and IS NOT tiki related. We have won quite a few film festivals so far this year.....I think I'll step off my high-horse now.

I took this waaaay off subject. Sorry.

I'll Put In On My Schedule!

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-04-24 09:32 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 10:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-24 09:32, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
...did you ever go to the "Haunted Crypt" at Chapman University back in 1992, 1993 & 1994? My audio production company did the custom haunted soundtrack for them.

Hey - I went to that!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Squawker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-24 1:58 pm   Permalink

Uh...

What are you wanting here, SugarCaddyDaddy? I was involved with Knott's Halloween Haunt back in the '90s (haven't worked with that since Cedar bought out Knotts) and really was too busy to visit any local houses during that period.

I have no current projects on the schedule, however, those things usually creep up on me last minute (I hate that - everything at the last minute and they want it tomorrow). As this is OT, maybe you should contact me off BB. E-mail at
Unccreepy@aol.com

View Profile of Squawker Send a personal message to Squawker  Goto the website of Squawker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 7:16 pm   Permalink

Squawker, both Tikitronic and I are also involved with pro hauntings here in Portland! We didn't realize we knew each other in that life until we met for drinks at Alibi one evening. Theme freaks is what we are, aren't we?

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 9:20 pm   Permalink

Squawker,
You ever seen the band GWAR? ( being new to TC, I hope you know that we all just jive around alot. No hard feelings on any of our re-plys) More Blood!!!! Tikis with Blood pouring from their eyes!!! Score!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Squawker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-25 11:46 am   Permalink

At my age, most of my "pub crawling" nights are over. Amazing I survived. That's why I created my own tropical bar and habitat within my home. Seems to be safer and keeps me from making a complete moron of myself in public.

To answer, no, I haven't seen the band you mentioned (I haven't even been to a concert in 10 years). I'm usually too busy with whatever project to get out that much. By the time I've decided to shut down from a day's work, I'm too exhausted to stumble down the stairs. But then, that was the reason behind the tropical thing at home. Clears my head and revitalizes the soul. A necessary part of my life, considering what I have to do to pay the mortgage.

As for the haunted life, let's just say I have a lot of skeletons in my closet. Literally.

View Profile of Squawker Send a personal message to Squawker  Goto the website of Squawker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-09 12:51 am   Permalink

Hey, I'm new and don't know if posting on a thread that's been long dormant here gets much attention, but I am looking for some king of torch that provides a larger flame than the standard, oil tiki torches. If possible, I would like something portable, e.g. that would run off a portable propane or similiar fuel tank. I would only use it a few times a year.

The fire-science item cited early on in this stream sounded very promising, but the link doesn't seem to work anymore. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-09 08:17 am   Permalink

http://www.gasproductscompany.com/torches/

Like this?
about 1/2 way down the page they have a portable torch

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-10 01:27 am   Permalink

Sweet! Thanks Zombified!

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 5:52 pm   Permalink

I just found this site that sells multi-colored flame for tiki torches, check out the video. Looks nice for creating the mood.

http://www.more-than-light.com/

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-15 6:39 pm   Permalink

Wow....those are beautiful. I would love to have some tiki torches in my yard....but flame and a very dry landscape forbids it. I wish someone made these bamboo torches with a solar-powered light in them and colored lights would be great.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mzoltarp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 12:44 pm   Permalink

I too love the multicolored flames. Around here (Bakersfield) we have lots of wood shake roofs and flaming tiki torches make people nervous, not that it prevents anyone from lighting them up. I have tiki torches lining one entire side of the lot that my house is on, though I did assure the neighbor that they were 100% ornamental. How fun it would be to light them all up!

View Profile of mzoltarp Send a personal message to mzoltarp  Goto the website of mzoltarp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 4:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-15 17:52, naugatiki wrote:
I just found this site that sells multi-colored flame for tiki torches, check out the video. Looks nice for creating the mood.

http://www.more-than-light.com/

:> :>:>:>:>:>:>::

NICE FIND .....

THANKS

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tamminjoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-17 02:48 am   Permalink

Ok I need help from some Zen Tiki Masters....Bought this funky bamboo shelf to display more mugs. The shelf has these weird "cup holders" on the sides. They would be a perfect way to frame out precious tiki mugs if they were converted to electric tiki torches with flickering bulbs. The cup holders are too small for standard tiki torch canisters. Anyone know if there are any torches commercially available that have narrow or skinny fuel canisters? Any one else have a good idea about what to use instead of tiki torch fuel canisters?

View Profile of tamminjoe Send a personal message to tamminjoe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-17 07:22 am   Permalink

On 2014-06-17 02:48, tamminjoe wrote:
Any one else have a good idea about what to use instead of tiki torch fuel canisters?

Not sure if you must use fuel and flame, but you can use flicker-flame simulators for light bulbs. There are several brands on the market. Theme parks, theatres, and haunted houses have been using them for years.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation