FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki United Airlines ,Tiki and Hawaii
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
United Airlines ,Tiki and Hawaii
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-19 2:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-19 14:37, Dustycajun wrote:
Bigbro,
Isn't that the one that Diego use to play with?
DC

No, you mean the ceramic fountain one, which I used as a measuring stick for him:

If it wouldn't have been stolen out of my front yard, I could shoot a pic of it now next to his knees, I would guess, since he shot up to 6.5 feet now, way over my head.

Swanky has the complete set up, with the Ti leaf basins for the the waterfall....

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-11-19 14:49 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-19 6:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. This is the stuff I was thinking of when I started the thread. I passed up one of these statues a few years ago for twenty bucks! Still kicking myself in the ass for that one. I hope to start a list with all of the styles and sizes of the United Tikis... hey that sounds nice "The United Tikis" I'll have to give that more thought. Thanks for posting.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2009-11-19 18:08 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 02:04 am   Permalink

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 07:25 am   Permalink

Cut out cardboard advertising stand up Tiki:

The United Tiki coasters:

... and I know they are not Tikis, but the Menehunes are wonderful too. The "Uncle" came in the full size and also a small bank size:

and like the Tiki decanter, there is a postcard for the Menehune decanter:

-Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 08:01 am   Permalink

Cool, never seen those coasters. Am I interpreting it right, the slogan alludes to Hawaii being an island state of the U.S.?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 08:01 am   Permalink

Speaking of which, there are a pair of Menehunes on sale in SF on craigslist:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/1478122492.html
A little too rich for my blood...

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 1:16 pm   Permalink

Tiki Farm reproed these:

http://www.tikifarm.com/menehunes.htm

boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 5:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-23 08:01, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
A little too rich for my blood...
PTD

That is actually a really good price for vintage originals, they typically bring that much EACH on eBay. Those look to be in really great shape too. Fair piece of change for sure, but a bargain compared to what they usually go for.

The reproductions are amazingly accurate. Right down to the sarong and plastic leis.

-Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 5:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-23 08:01, bigbrotiki wrote:
Cool, never seen those coasters.

Yes you have.
Page 158 of Tiki Quest.
-Duke

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-25 12:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-19 14:13, bigbrotiki wrote:
Ho-kay, since nobody else is doing it, here is the big 2.7 foot version. I am not pulling him out of its set dressing tough! (Please ignore the foreground on the right )

Yeah Sven I posted the same 31" tall UA Tiki already earlier in the thread .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-25 09:17 am   Permalink

Double Oops! for boutiki and 1961surf, I do miss things...sometimes.

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-06 7:12 pm   Permalink

i found this in my travels this weekend..i suspect it's the last variation united made of these maps....it looks mid seventies style to me...made of vacuum formed plastic with a cardboard backing. it's quite larger than the others ones that feature carved relief frames around them...anyone have any more info about this??

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-06 10:34 pm   Permalink

It would be interesting to line up all the United and Primo maps in chronological order to see the devolution of design in America. I mean what went wrong in the 70s? Matchbooks, menus, swizzles...all lost detail, artistry, and pictorial quality. And then they stopped making them all together...

naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-29 4:37 pm   Permalink

I forgot I had this one, its a little water damaged but still quite fun. It comes in a nice envelope that I suspect was given out the every passenger (probablly in the pouch of the airline seat) with a Luau Party Planner catalog where you can get the best tiki supplies money can buy.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 2:48 pm   Permalink

Inside of the menu.

Holy crap Ernie is an undercover Menehune!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation