FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki United Airlines ,Tiki and Hawaii
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
United Airlines ,Tiki and Hawaii
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 2:00 pm   Permalink

Here is another mod Tiki poster from United Airlines.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 12:37 pm   Permalink

Naugitiki that is a very cool brochure.I have never seen that before.I would say that
is one that is definitely hard to find.Thanks for posting .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 5:39 pm   Permalink

A few more of the United Airlines Hawaiian Open decanter types from ebay.

I love this Tiki Drum from 1980.

The outrigger from 1981.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitabby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-18 08:55 am   Permalink

Found these just listed on Etsy if anyone's interested:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/95528640/tiki-keyring-from-united-airlines-free?ref=sr_gallery_14&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=tiki&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_order=date_desc&ga_page=0&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

Hope the link works. :/

View Profile of tikitabby Send a personal message to tikitabby      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-18 10:24 am   Permalink

Yikes, it's a Tiki nest! Get the bug spray!

Cool find!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitabby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-18 11:15 am   Permalink

Haha! That kind of pest problem I'd like!

View Profile of tikitabby Send a personal message to tikitabby      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-15 2:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-10 14:15, 1961surf wrote:
United Airlines was the official airlines for Disney in the 60's and early 70's.
There were signs thru out the park at Disneyland promoting air travel with
United Airlines .Here is a kids menu depicting the Enchanted tiki room on the
back cover of the menu.

Not from my personal collection, photos courtesy of World Toy.

I just learned that my grandfather had a lot to do with this stuff..He was VP of marketing for United, and had the sponsorship for the Enchanted Tiki Room in his budget! My grandmother told me the sponsorship was $50,000 annually. I would guess that he was involved with most of the other marketing collateral seen in this thread.

It was brilliant marketing if you ask me. Rather than just look at a black and white TV ad, Disney patrons were transported for a few minutes to the islands. Right in front of them was the name of the airline that could take them to the real Hawaii!

I've been a Tikiphile ever since I visited the ETR as a kid, but I never realized I had grandpa to thank for it!

Custom Furniture and Cabinets

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lancelink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-16 11:08 am   Permalink

Recent find at the local flea market. Kealakekua Bay Print Captain Cook Expedition presented by United Airlines. Print sits a couple inches out from the back on blocks.

View Profile of lancelink Send a personal message to lancelink  Email lancelink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-16 12:31 pm   Permalink

Here is mine,

I made it light up

View Profile of spiked Send a personal message to spiked      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-23 7:42 pm   Permalink

Found this great Trader Vic 8X10 from United Airlines promoting Trader Vic as their meal and beverage consultant.

From 1972

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-24 05:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-23 19:42, Tattoo wrote:

Look at that magnificent bastard.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 7:44 pm   Permalink

I haven't seen a picture of this guy on this thread yet (though I've spotted him in a couple other places on TC...)

He's almost 6ft tall, made of high-density foam and has the "Property of UA" tag on the back.

We just pulled him out of someone's yard here in Chicago a few days ago (fortunately he was under a canopy so he's still in good shape, just a few knicks, some small cracks and a couple small chips.)It had been in the basement of that same house since the 1970's, until the current owner moved him to the yard to make more room in the house.

Not entirely sure where he's gonna go yet, but really psyched we
found him out in the wilds and for a reasonable price!

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TropicDrinkBoy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 10:45 pm   Permalink

Enough about the dog, but that's a great looking tiki!

View Profile of TropicDrinkBoy Send a personal message to TropicDrinkBoy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 11:17 pm   Permalink

Great find indeed! This fella appeared not only in this fine example of paper cut-out art United Airlines poster...

...but also on the Disney Tiki Room poster:

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2013-07-09 23:18 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-10 9:14 pm   Permalink

Now you need to get his lil' brother for your house keys

http://www.ebay.com/itm/United-Airlines-Key-Chain-Tiki-1970s-/231000634212?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c8b5f364

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation