FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving skootiki's carving log
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
skootiki's carving log
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 4:21 pm   Permalink

Nice group. Looks like you've been buzy. My favorite is for the one on the left. I love the stoic expression.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 06:01 am   Permalink

Scootiki, Yes, Palms will split and crack, tho usually not much. It depends on the type of palm too as they aren't All good for carving. If a palm log starts splitting, just let it dry a bit more before crving it. The Queen and King palms are usually not great for carving, having a mushy center surrounded by a thin outside layer of trunk that gets very hard. Try to ID your logs and we'll go from there.
Hope this helps.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-21 6:11 pm   Permalink

my first attempt at carving a body

kept it pretty basic, it was fun

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-21 8:21 pm   Permalink

shootiki !!! very nice!! great job on a first full body!! hes awsome dude cant wait to see it w finish on!!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-22 06:41 am   Permalink

Is that the log that was cracking? It looks like Queen Palm, which would explain the cracks.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-22 6:44 pm   Permalink

This log has some cracking, I have some others with more. They came from the same location. I think that they are Queen Palm.
My neighbor cut them down and I couldn't let them go to the dump.

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-10 7:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha, I just got back from a short trip to Maui and posted some pics on the Tiki Travel Forum of Tikis that I saw there
check it out if you are interested.........
Mahalos

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 6:23 pm   Permalink

shoo tiki guess i missed the post w ur first full body!srry! but he looks awsome!! i too cant wait too see him all finished up!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 09:18 am   Permalink

visited a couple of my previous tikis this weekend at my kids houses....
seems like they are doing well

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 09:55 am   Permalink

Nice stuff! They look right at home. I'm gonna go check your photos in the travel section now,...going to Oahu in a couple weeks.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki tonz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-31 6:37 pm   Permalink

Hey nice stuff skootiki! My brother lives in Fallbrook! Well he just left on Friday to Afghanistan he's a Marine.I plan to still go up to see my sister'n'law maybe next time I come up there I can see your work. Thanks, keep carv'in.

View Profile of tiki tonz Send a personal message to tiki tonz  Email tiki tonz Goto the website of tiki tonz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 8:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tiki Tonz, I don't have a lot of tikis to look at but let me know when you will be around Fallbrook and it would be nice to meet you. Tell your brother and sister-in-law that we appreciate them for their service and hardships and sacrifices they go through for our country.

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 10:51 pm   Permalink

Nice work on the tikis. Some commanding tikis for early on.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki tonz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-01 06:57 am   Permalink

Thanks skootiki, I will pass that on,I appreciate that.yeah that sounds good! I've been carving for about two and a half years, so maybe we can swap some ideas. If you have email on TC I'll contact you.Thanks again, Tony.

View Profile of tiki tonz Send a personal message to tiki tonz  Email tiki tonz Goto the website of tiki tonz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-01 08:52 am   Permalink

Those two tikis look good out there in the wild. Looks like they're aging well.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation