FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TikiG's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - January 23rd
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
TikiG's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - January 23rd
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 07:49 am   Permalink

Hello Tiki Central Ohana!

Greg (TikiG) here to pose a question...

I would love to host a CHOP and ART JAM at my home.

At this time a handful of members have expressed interest in a CHOP located in the SF Valley of So. Cal. and it would be my pleasure to open my home to such a creative social event.

I'm in Sylmar, located near the 118/210 freeways in the eastern San Fernando Valley.

The next step and the reason for this initial post, is to open the dialog between us to hash out a date that suits all interested parties. Any weekend date, December or next year?

My initial thought is to hold it Sunday, December 13th - the day of the Tonga Hut art show hosted by GROG. But due to concern by other members, I'm now leaning more towards January - after the holidays.

Who's interested? What date? - please join in the discussion and we'll see what happens.
It would be really, really cool if all my T.C. friends could make the scene.

Thanks everybody!

tiki since '67!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2009-11-23 09:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2009-12-07 10:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2009-12-10 11:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2009-12-14 15:50 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 08:55 am   Permalink

My preference is for a Saturday in January. Weather permitting.

December is always a crazy month while January usually has nothing going on.

Looking forward to a local chop.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 09:06 am   Permalink

January sounds good, I work on Saturdays, Sundays are better. But if everyone wants Saturday I can get there around noon.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 09:30 am   Permalink

Hey TikiG,

I think it is really cool that the Chops are growing to outside of the SD area Hil and Cheeky are Chop veterans from way back...It would be even cooler if we could figure out a way to have a Chop going on down here at the same time you have one going on up there next month...

Let the Chop grow! Think Global!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 10:09 am   Permalink

Babs - Yeah baby! GLOBAL (and - if you can make it to my pad I would be honored as well.)

What potential this idea presents; Live internet communication between groups during the same day etc etc

This isn't a contest but let's face it there's a waft of friendly competition (maybe competition is too strong a word) There's room for everyone, all degrees of skill, all mediums and forms expression. Musicians are welcome to join in. Photographers. Writers. Everyone in a creating frame of mind - WELCOME!

Let me say early on it is not my intent to separate anybody from you south county guys.
Most of you have inspired me to continue with the tiki scene, even though I've only carved one tiki in my life and that was with a Dremel! My intent is to accommodate, at least once, local artists who otherwise may never have the chance to hang out for a while (I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you for the first time too!)

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 11:06 am   Permalink

G, that's what it's all about!
There's no competition. Nobody really want to drive long distances, so a closer alternative is a good thing!
All we ask is that you post pics!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-17 07:33 am   Permalink

bump!

TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-20 6:52 pm   Permalink

You know I would be there if I could. I hope you have a good turn out.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-22 9:33 pm   Permalink

January Saturdays sound good to me! Thank you for offering up your place, G!

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 08:32 am   Permalink

Hello all -

Two Saturdays in January are open to allow for a CHOP/ART session at my home:

Saturday January 9th
Saturday January 23rd

Preferences anyone? So far several people have expressed interest in this event. I hope all of you can make it!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2009-11-23 09:47 ]

geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 10:49 am   Permalink

Either one works for me. Looking forward to it.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-07 10:34 am   Permalink

SAVE THE DATE - SATURDAY JANUARY 23RD

SAN FERNANDO VALLEY ART / CHOP!! in Sylmar at TikiG's!

More info to follow. Thanks to all that have expressed interest, this should be a fun day.

tiki since '67!

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-13 9:46 pm   Permalink

Jan. 23rd works for me! I'll be there with my router. I'll be making up some more tiki panels for the tiki bar. Just need access to some power. I need to get off my duff and stop (oops) bitchin' about how busy I've been and start doing!

I'll put it out there, I'll host a San Fernando Valley chop in March (Lake Balboa aka West Van Nuys). Rain or shine, tiki bar ready or not.

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2009-12-14 14:57 ]

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 07:21 am   Permalink

Great to hear there will be some wood-working project(s) happening!

Personally I'll be painting and crafting some swag lamps.

There will a free-for-all canvas happening. More on that soon.

This is going to be a great creative day for all. Hope to see you there as everybody will be ready and roaring to create some art!

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 3:00 pm   Permalink

If anyone is interested in carving, want to get their feet wet, but don't want to invest in chisels yet, I can bring a few sets of chisels for anyone to use.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation