FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TikiG's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - January 23rd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
TikiG's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - January 23rd
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-24 08:37 am   Permalink

We had such a great time at The Chop! Being around so many talented artists for an afternoon was both inspiring & educational, and everyone was very accommodating with our perpetual "observer" status. Thanks, Greg, for a special afternoon full of mirth & mai tais!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 10:15 am   Permalink

Awww, it looks like you all ahd a blast! I wished I could have been there

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 10:17 am   Permalink

YEAH! Congrats Mr. G & Melekalikimaka on an obviously successful jam. All that art, wow! Terrific pics, too, Greg - especially that group shot at the end. Right on~!

Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 10:26 am   Permalink

Dang! Looks like some of my favoritist people were there. Wish I had been, too. Miss you guys! Next time for sure...

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 11:26 am   Permalink

I had a great time at the chop and I am looking forward to the next one.

Good times.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 12:56 pm   Permalink

I had such a great time! Thanks TikiG for putting this together! I wish I was able to get there sooner, but it was great to hang out and be creative like with some great artists. Here is a closeup of my water color. Started out as a monkey, but kind of evolved into a zombie sea monkey. Wasn't able to finish the puffer fish, but when it's done hopefully it will look like the wall at the Tiki-Ti. Yes, it does look like the Grinch... damn movie has ruined the whole zombie sea monkey market ever since...

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-24 1:34 pm   Permalink

TikiGeeki, I LOVE it! Such talent!

I absolutely enjoyed TikiG's chop, you're all so much fun not to mention talented. My muse needs to get on the ball, fo sho!

for anyone interested in seeing some of my work, head on over to my facebook page (add me as a friend) and scan through my album!

Here's a painting of some hybiscus I painted for my Dad. His plan is to open a Tiki Bar called "Flip Flops"

Melany Langford

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-24 2:46 pm   Permalink

TOTAL BULLSHIT!

what an amazing day! G-man and Kalikimaka Rule!

Did anyone get a shot of Tiki G's amazing gallery upstairs? really groovy display of creativity and range!

Mele Kalikimaka, u are so much fun, u get the "Witty Banter" award. Despite ur clever engineer impersonation, u are welcome to come out all year!

Everyone was working on amazing, creative projects, killer Tikis and paintings, but my favorite was def Adrian's killer puffer lights!!!

Fantastic Ohana get-together...looking forward to doing that again with y'all again soon!

oh, and i apologize for The Ruzic's inappropriate behavior.

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-24 2:54 pm   Permalink

I do have a nice couple of pics of G's studio... oh, and what you said about "Impersonating and Engineer", Toe, is complete and utter (or is it udder) bullshit!

"Mele Kalikimaka, u are so much fun, u get the "Witty Banter" award. Despite ur clever engineer impersonation, u are welcome to come out all year!"

That's what HE said....
or
Your Mom's so much fun...

take your pick!

Aloha, and enjoy!

Here's G being his coolass self!

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 6:38 pm   Permalink

TikiG, thanks for hosting the 1st SFV Chop! The creative energy was magical. Good times Good Times! As mentioned, I'll be ready to host a chop in March...hope it will be 1/2 as successful and fun as this one!
Mahalo...Mahalo!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 07:56 am   Permalink

Thanks Greg for hosting one heckuva great chop!
Food was great!
the people were great
G's upstairs gallery wasgreat!
Soooo many pieces there productive boy!
and the creative mana was AWESOME GREAT!

even tho it was complete and utter bullsh*t...

and again, i apologize for BigToe's childish behavior
it was bullsh*t...

Hah!?
www.kenruzic.com www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2010-01-25 07:58 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 08:21 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the kind words y'all. It was my pleasure to host everyone for what will now go down in TC history as the first ever San Fernando Valley CHOP!

I'm so relieved it didn't rain...the big guy upstairs gifted us with sunshine. I could just feel the vibe off of everyone just like myself feeling "what a relief to spend time outdoors after a week of constant downpours."

To all who came out to participate, again a heartfelt Thank You!

To those who could not make it this time, Thanks for your support regardless (Ray, I hope my phone call to you in Florida - to let everyone say hello - lifted your spirit in lieu of being here in California in person. We miss you.)

Until the next bull***t session...keep the creative juices flowing until we can get together for this reason again.

Mahalo & Aloha, Greg

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 1:30 pm   Permalink

Finally managed to get the pics from the chop uploaded!

Thank you again TikiG for opening your home to all of us!

Enjoy the pics!

TikiG's studio and gallery area

Right before the artists arrived. so bare.

Carvers hard at work!

Puffer fishy!

Artists workin hard too!

I couldn't help but keep those 3 pics of Toe up, they are just too funny.

Das All Folks!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 2:37 pm   Permalink

Finally finished the guy I was working on at the chop.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-02 3:05 pm   Permalink

Geedavee, that turned out super-duper!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation