FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Share your Papua New Guinea pieces
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
Share your Papua New Guinea pieces
tikilease
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-26 10:00 am   Permalink

This may have been talked about before and i apologize if it has but I watched a great documentary last night on Netflix called " The search for Michael Rockefeller " and if you are a collector of PNG art you should check it out as he was involved in purchasing art from tribes in the area before he went missing and you will see in the doc a lot of great examples of carvings...huts ... canoes ... tapia ... and different tribes masks and art including the Asmat's. Pretty interesting and again ...chock full of PNG carvings!

View Profile of tikilease Send a personal message to tikilease      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-26 6:23 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2015-10-26 18:24 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-26 6:23 pm   Permalink

These two are the only other ones I own, for now.

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2015-10-26 18:24 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-24 08:51 am   Permalink

This collection belongs to an old friend, she is 85 years old. She and her husband have traveled all over the world since the early 60's. She must have hundreds of artifacts from all over the world that she has collected along the way. I love visiting her because she lives in a fabulous MCM house up in the hills in Tarzana that she bought in 1959 and she has not touched anything to change the house. This is part of her PNG collection.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation