FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Smuggler's Cove Sneak Preview Nights!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Smuggler's Cove Sneak Preview Nights!
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-07 4:53 pm   Permalink

Wow!! Simply stunning looking.
Congrats to Martin, and Notch,
and anybody else involved.

I seriously can't wait to get up there in Jan.
may have to plan a couple days there.
and take it in slowly.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 12:00 pm   Permalink

A beautiful work of art Martin and Notch.
Congrats all around!

All you need now is a wahine serving drinks and I will have my pay check direct deposited to the Smuggler's Cove account.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 12:26 pm   Permalink

Ha!! Agreed.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 12:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-08 12:00, Unga Bunga wrote:

.... Raiderette! ...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 12:33 pm   Permalink

I tried 3 drinks, first the Dat Dat Dosh (too sweet for my tongue), second the Rum Barrel (I bought the barrel), and my favorite of the 3 was the Chi Chi Pache. She could serve me that one anytime.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-12-08 12:34 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-08 4:48 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention an idea... Suppose they rig up a bucket and pulley system between "the hut" upstairs and the ground floor bar. Then you can lean over the railing, request a drink, and have it prepared and elevated right to you. It could be done!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 8:38 pm   Permalink

LOVED IT! Nacho is a master ninja !

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 9:01 pm   Permalink

WOW. STUNNING JOB U GUYS!!!! the interior is PERFECT. Your attention to detail is truly awesome.

congratulations!!!!!!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 4:46 pm   Permalink

Well, I wrote something earlier but it got lost in the ether...
Anyway, I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Sunday 5 pm pre-party.
I dragged along three (non-tiki) school buddies.
My friends who have never been to a tiki bar, were thoroughly impressed...I, who have been in quite a few bars, was extremely impressed.
Excellent job Martin, Notch and everyone else involved.
We sat at the street level bar, and ordered 4 drinks:
Port Au Prince, Captain's Grog, Puka Punch and Zombie.
All of them were very good, but the Puka Punch and the Zombie were my favorite.
After that, I ordered a level 3 Pain Killer, which was tastey, but I think a level 4 would have been better. Then, the Rum Barrel - oh my god, was it good and spicey. Naturally, I bought the Barrel mug.
My friends left, and I told them I'll forge through on my own...
I strolled down to the downstairs bar, and as I finished my rum Barrel, I realized I should try one of the original creations. Martin suggested El Pampanito, and that was another home run. Excellent drink.
At that point it was time for last call for the time slot, so I dragged my feet out into the stormy SF weather to soak the alocohol with Sushi from Japantown.

This was a great experience, too bad it's so far from San Diego my home town, as this is now my favorite place to get a drink.

Ran

[ This Message was edited by: kick_the_reverb 2009-12-09 16:48 ]

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 9:44 pm   Permalink

I came home tonight to find a package waiting in the mailbox from a friend in SF. Last April I drug a couple of friends out to FI and they totally loved it (they'd been to Trad'r Sam many times as it is just down the street).

Somehow they got tickets to the very first preview (neither read this forum).

Long story short... in the package was a SC swizzle AND the cocktail list. OMG! How many visits does it take to get through that entire list? I want to try everything.

Looking forward to my next trip to SF so I can experience SC in person.

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 10:05 pm   Permalink

never mind

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2009-12-09 22:11 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-10 10:20 pm   Permalink

Looks incredible Martin and I know every drop of every cocktail tastes amazing! Congrats! Kudos's everyone involved wow! I can't wait to get up north after the holidays, I think a gang of us are headin' out & up on on a road trip. See you NorCal Hipsters soon -HiPhiPaHulA!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-11 11:57 am   Permalink

The Cove looks spectacular. Congrats Martin and Co. Sorry I could not be there but Brenda brought my warm wishes.

Warmest Tiki Holiday Greeting to All,

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation