FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Ultimate Tiki Party-Humphreys San Diego
Ultimate Tiki Party-Humphreys San Diego
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-22 2:36 pm   Permalink

Hello everyone,

I am not sure what this event entails but I saw it while scanning a ticket sellers page.

It is labeled as the Ultimate Tiki Party at the Humphreys concert venue in San Diego. For those of you who have visited Humphreys before you know that it is pretty much in Tiki Central as far as the San Diego Tiki community is concerned.

The date was listed as July 17th.

Oooh Oooh Oooh, Aaah Aaah Aaah
(the Monkeyman call of the wild)

Monkeyman
Vista, CA

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-22 2:45 pm   Permalink

Here it is... I found the info

Thursday, July 17 8:00pm
The Ultimate Tiki Party featuring Don Tiki

$33 entry

Don Tiki is Perry Coma (keyboards), Hai Jung (bass, vocals), Noel Okimoto (mallets, drums, percussion), Carlinhos de Oliveira (Brazilian percussion), Jim Howard (flute) and Abe Lagrimas (drums) joined by other musicians and singers called the Tiki Tribe to perform "exotica," an evocative musical hybrid born out of jazz, Latin rhythms and aboriginal instrumentation complete with tropical percussion, mystical bird calls and demure vocals. Often described as alternative Polynesian revue meets Cirque du Soleil. Perhaps the beginning of an annual Humphrey’s tradition.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-22 3:00 pm   Permalink

Ah yes, Don Tiki. Sounds like a cool event. Speaking of which, shouldn't this be in the Events section?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-22 3:27 pm   Permalink

Pop~
Yes, it should be in the events section.

Ok, who's going? I'm 90% sure I'm in!
The seats are $33 or $80. I've seen the area, and really, ANY seat is pretty good. It's not huge like the picture on their
website shows.

Dinner is available there, but Bali Hai is about 100 yards away, so I would go there for dinner. As a matter of fact, I will probably just stay at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn for the night, since that is about 50, ok, maybe 60 feet away from the concert area.

Anyone else?

DonTikiCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-22 4:03 pm   Permalink

Sorry.. I put it in the wrong forum.
I generally don't read the other forums so this one is my primary source of info. I'm a TC rookie I guess.

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 12:03 am   Permalink

Maybe this is the SD tiki event that we've been talking about.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 07:41 am   Permalink

A tiki weekend in SD sounds like fun to me! Humphrey's, Bali Hai, Islands Room, Trader Mort's and of course the Lagoon Room.

Count me in!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-23 07:42 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 12:08 pm   Permalink

I already have my tickets. Cocktails at our place.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 12:11 pm   Permalink

Hmmmm.... since this is shaping up to be my Summer of Tiki, I may plan on jetting down there for this. I've never been to San Diego.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation