FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki 2010 January Mug Swap **Get Your Swap On People!!**
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
2010 January Mug Swap **Get Your Swap On People!!**
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 6:40 pm   Permalink

When i was a kid I saw a chicken dance ( on a hot piece of tin for 25 cents)
... So not so much squirm , more like the chicken lol

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 10:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-04 12:34, Dustycajun wrote:
Hey tobunga (or Beth)

Can you tell me a little more about those postcards Tikisgrl sent you? Did not recognize them.

Thanks,
DC

Aloha Dustycajun!

The three postcards on the left are from the Hu Ke Lau, in Chicopee, MA. Two feature a Polynesian dance troupe, and the third has the troupe plus shots of the restaurant, which appears to be a buffet type place, with a stage area.

The postcard on the right is from Mon Kou in Attleboro MA. Looks like there is a lot of Witco style carvings!

Hope that helps!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 11:53 pm   Permalink

TOBUNGA,

Thanks for the info on the cards. How did the cheese hold up today?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 07:29 am   Permalink

Both the Mon Kou & The Hu Ke Lau are still open & retain alot of their original decor.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 07:52 am   Permalink

A big thanks to Leleliz for a great swap. And thanks for all of your hard work.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 1:04 pm   Permalink

I've edited my earlier post...the pictures are now up of my treasures from Nukke! Now I can eat my St James Rhum chocolate.....

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 5:28 pm   Permalink

Hey TIKIVILLE, race is still on for last place...... my package is still in route also.
Leleliz, Thanks for putting this together. Shirt idea isn't bad.

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 5:35 pm   Permalink

I gotta say a huge thanks to Psycho Tiki D for an awesome bunch of items!! He truly blew me away with the stash of great goodies!!

Everything thing arrived safe and sound and I was totally stoked to find:

Not 1 but 3 cool mugs from the Islander Restaurant that was in Stockton Ca. These will go nice with whatever the hell I do with some of that original bamboo that I got from Abstractiki!

A very cool Disneyland Amusement Park Souvenir book full of great photos and drawings, Trader Vic Menu Cover, a bunch of Beachcomber Stir Stix, picks and some matchbooks.

A totally unexpected and great Tiki haul!! I always look at Psycho Tiki D's posts of all the cool stuff he finds and now he's sent some up here to me. Greatly appreciated and thank you very much!! I am sorry about the shipping amount you spent to get up here!!

Many Mahalos!!!
TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 6:37 pm   Permalink

Oh yes...I forgot that Tropical Icebergs had two sendees

So its a race.....who will post theirs first??

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 11:37 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TIKIVILLE 2010-02-16 14:43 ]

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 1:35 pm   Permalink

I missed the swap!!

Bugger!!

~~Ah well, next time...

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 3:47 pm   Permalink

Hey Tikiville, You shouldn't be frustrated that you haven't received your items yet as they are on their way. You should be more angry at the fact that BC kicked your arrsssssss in your Tiki War!!!

I am coming to Alberta tomorrow for a week or so so keep your Tikis close to yah!!
I am going to try and get to your package before you get it and maybe hold it ransom!

TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 5:30 pm   Permalink

well that was the point , to see who would get their package first ...meaning poor me still waiting lol in the race for last place!
another buisness day come and gone with no mail truck in sight.
Coming to Alberta huh ?
...well lucky us all our tiki is locked up indoors ( or hasn't arrived yet )

RanTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-08 6:59 pm   Permalink

Finally got my hands on a camera, here's what I received from Ukutiki. I've been wanting to get one of these mugs for awhile now. Nice addition to my vintage mug collection.

Mahalo Ukutiki, and to Leleliz for organizing the trade!

View Profile of RanTiki Send a personal message to RanTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 2:01 pm   Permalink

Ok.... mines here...yeah!! Will have to post pics after work, but wanted to let tropical icebergs know it's safe and sound.... all I have to say is the tiki gods have shown me it is good to wait... holly crap tiki man. think I will need to clean the table off for pics of my haul

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation