Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Crazy Al "Two Hour Tiki"
Crazy Al "Two Hour Tiki"
Tuna Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-21 8:20 pm   Permalink

Some of you may remember Crazy Al roughed out a tiki for me at Bamboo Ben's "Nooner" this summer.

Al just getting started.

The roughed out tiki.

After drying out all summer the tiki was ready to be finished up. Al was good enough to come by the house today. Here are some pictures of his amazing work.

After four months of drying out in the hot San Fernando Valley, the tiki looked a little different.

Al getting started.

Looking good.

Chips and dust were flying.

Just a few last finishing touches.

Crazy Al's latest, "Two Hour Tiki"

It will claim a place of prominence in my tiki room as soon as it is completed.

[ This Message was edited by: Tuna Tiki 2009-11-21 20:22 ]

View Profile of Tuna Tiki Send a personal message to Tuna Tiki  Email Tuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-21 8:47 pm   Permalink

COOL Stuff by Crazie All

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-22 09:00 am   Permalink

Very nice. Reminds me of one Leroy's pieces.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tuna Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-22 09:47 am   Permalink

BTW For all you non So-Cal members, please note; it is November 21st and we are in shorts and tee shirts.

View Profile of Tuna Tiki Send a personal message to Tuna Tiki  Email Tuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-22 10:29 am   Permalink

Crazy Al proclaims to be "crazy" but how crazy is he really with a breathing mask on. Here's to Careful Al's new Tiki.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-22 1:43 pm   Permalink

I love the big, bold, flowing lines......... it takes me 2 hours to find my chisels........it is a great looking TIKI

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-22 9:46 pm   Permalink

Well if my 5th grade math serves me correctly, 2 hours at Al's and 3 at Tuna's, add to...ah...5
5 hour Tiki is still CRAZY!!

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 7:40 pm   Permalink

killer that we salvaged the 8ft log... the first 6-8 inches of this guy are still quite soft. but the rest turned out to be nice and dense and take a pit of a polish.
Even with several month in the upper end of two-digit weather and plenty in three digits... I only had to chip less then an inch into the deep parts to hit moist wood.

I wonder when we are all fighting over water here in the 'desert' if we can tap palms for water??

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kroozzn62
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-25 11:27 pm   Permalink

very nice and chunky how much did it weigh was it able to be moved with no trolley? and just brute strength

View Profile of kroozzn62 Send a personal message to kroozzn62      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation