FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Stockton Islander BambooTreasure, Trade, Swap or Free
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Stockton Islander BambooTreasure, Trade, Swap or Free
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-11 7:36 pm   Permalink

LOL Tiki traded me all this cool Tiki stuff for a bunch of bamboo this week!! The tall hula girl is from the Islander!

[ This Message was edited by: abstractiki 2009-12-26 08:57 ]

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-26 10:06 am   Permalink

Well my garage has some how turned into the Islander Bamboo Factory and I've been putting in some OT.

Last week I took Moondog426 up on his invitation to join him in giving coats to the homeless. I brought him a few pieces of Bamboo and I had a chance to visit his totally awesome Tiki lounge. I wish I would have taken pictures. He gave me a cool mug and delivered a box of Bamboo to Vamp's Dick Dale Pre Party for me. Thanks Moondog426!

I thought I would post some pics of the factory so here goes!

This is just part of the treasure that is left.

Next I do some cutting if the request is for some smaller pieces.

If I cut a piece I will sand down the edge that I cut, otherwise no sanding.

Next I wash it in my wife's new sink! She's so happy!

After I let it dry I label each piece with a sharpie.

Some old English Oil helps bring out the beauty of the Bamboo.

Some quality Hemp for the Tagging.

Tag done on parchment paper.

Big piece ready for Shipping.

Two pieces waiting for new home at Tobunga's.

I'm sending these with Tobunga to give out to TCers during his Tiki Travels.

Ok that's it for now!

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-26 11:05 am   Permalink

David, you're an animal, I mean that in a good way.
I was in Sutter Creek a few months back antiquing and bought a few tiki collectibles. The lady at the register told me that some guy from Lodi was recently in to collect for his home tiki bar. I think it was you. You've been bitten. There's no turning back. Will you be joining us in Palo Alto Jan. 30th?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-26 9:50 pm   Permalink

Wonderful execution. Such an artefact would fall right in line with my piece of lava rock from the Playa del Rey Polynesian Village Apartments, the tile piece from Aloha Jhoe's, and that shard of the pool of a streamline moderne Moorish Havana residence. All reminders of past glories.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-26 9:51 pm   Permalink

__________________________________________________________________________________
Jungle Trader wrote- "David, you're an animal, I mean that in a good way.
I was in Sutter Creek a few months back antiquing and bought a few tiki collectibles. The lady at the register told me that some guy from Lodi was recently in to collect for his home tiki bar. I think it was you. You've been bitten. There's no turning back. Will you be joining us in Palo Alto Jan. 30th?"
__________________________________________________________________________________

Ha Ha! I'll take that as a compliment, thanks! Yea I got bit hard. Ive got a serious case of Tiki Fever.

Well Ive been to all the antique stores and thrift stores in Lodi and Stockton but I haven't had time to make it up to Sutter creek yet unfortunately. I'm seeing a lot of Islander stuff coming from the Sacramento area posted on Collecting Tiki and it's killing me!

Un fortunately I can't make it to the Palo Alto Jan. 30th event. If the vending was a daytime gig then i could probably make that but it doesn't start till 6:00pm so no.

Maybe I can meet you at Minnie's sometime in January? I could give you some bamboo to hand out to the TCers if you could help with that.

[ This Message was edited by: abstractiki 2009-12-26 21:56 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-27 09:04 am   Permalink

Sent you a PM.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 08:08 am   Permalink

Got some from Vamp. Thanks so much.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 08:56 am   Permalink

This brings to mind another great memento which is now in a museum in Paris, in Andre Breton's rebuilt wall from his office:

A small rock, a found object, that HE entitled "Souvenir of Paradise on Earth":

By putting it on a pedestal and labeling it, he imbued it with artifact status. WE have the power to do this.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 09:22 am   Permalink

WHoa, there is a lot going on in that above photo. And I'm liking it all

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 8:43 pm   Permalink

___________________________________________________________________________________

bigbro wrote - "Wonderful execution"
___________________________________________________________________________________

thanks!

abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 8:45 pm   Permalink

brenda wrote - "Thanks so much."

you're very welcome!

abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 9:49 pm   Permalink

There is indeed a lot going on in bigbro's posted pictures and comment. Interesting, thought provoking. Andre Breton is a great abstract artist, writer and legendary collector of primitive art.

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-29 11:21 am   Permalink

Vamp brought me some as well David.Thank you very much.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 11:15 am   Permalink

David, Mahalo for giving the gift of bamboo!

A happy group of Waikiki Womb revellers on New Years day

tikitam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-02 1:24 pm   Permalink

I'd love to have a piece of this bamboo for my collection. I have only started collecting tiki this past year so don't have anything to trade at the moment. I'd be more than willing to pay the postage to Canada. Any ideas on the cost?

View Profile of tikitam Send a personal message to tikitam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation