FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Stockton Islander BambooTreasure, Trade, Swap or Free
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Stockton Islander BambooTreasure, Trade, Swap or Free
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 6:21 pm   Permalink

tikitam, I would be happy to send you a piece or several! I'll send you a PM with all the details. Shipping has been averaging 10 to 20 bucks so far.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 6:47 pm   Permalink

61surf, you are very welcome, glad you were able to get a piece during your norcal visit!

bigbro, Wow looks like I missed another cool party! glad you all were able to get some bamboo. Big thanks to Tobunga for helping me get this bamboo out to the TCers in So Cal.

Tobunga gave me this great art work and pendant he made when he picked up some bamboo last week!

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-02 7:11 pm   Permalink

What a great picture bigbro!!!

What wonderful infectious gifts you have bestowed on us, abstract...the BOO felt round the TC world.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 8:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks Vamp , Ive had requests from Nevada and Michigan and I have sent some to New Mexico. Tomorrow I'm sending some to Canada. If i can get some to Hawaii or Tahiti that would be really cool. Any one heading to Easter Island??

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 10:45 pm   Permalink

Aloha David!

I guess you've seen from bigbro's post that I've been handing out the bamboo you gave me... in fact, it's all gone! Everybody who received a piece of tiki history was very happy!

Mahalo again for making the bamboo artifacts available, and all your work bringing Stockton's tiki past to life!

Happy New Year!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-03 08:38 am   Permalink

Here's my piece in its seat of honor in my Tiki altar:

I shall have to replace that Hale Tiki rendering in the frame above with a blow up of the Islander postcard. Oh, and someone please send me a set of those cool chopsticks with the sign and the girls on it.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:29 pm   Permalink

That is very cool bigbro, thanks for posting. Oh, and um I would like some of those chopsticks to.

abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 7:30 pm   Permalink

I just received three great Tiki mugs from TabooDan! Thanks for tradin TD!

abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 6:11 pm   Permalink

I'll be at Minnie's on Thursday the Jan. 14th at 6:00pm with a bunch of bamboo. If any one wants some please stop on by!

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 7:09 pm   Permalink

You need to make yourself a sign: "Trade Bamboo for cocktails!"

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 10:14 am   Permalink

It was very nice meeting you David. We enjoyed our little excursion to Lodi. Thanks for your generous offering of the Islander Bamboo. It will be cherished and well utilized in my forthcoming Tiki Lounge. I'm so glad the mug and swizzles were a hit.

Mahalo,
Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 5:53 pm   Permalink

Very nice meeting you as well Darilyn. The mug and swizzles were indeed a big hit. Thanks again for those. Id love to see the Tiki Lounge when you're all done!

Here's the mug and swizzles in my backyard tiki hut.

abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-18 3:11 pm   Permalink

Here's a big piece that's now on display at Minnie's.

Met up with Jungle Trader and gave him a bunch of 1-1/2 ft long x 4in wide bamboo for the TC Ohana at Trader Vic's January 30th.

Made this 8.5x11inch paper sign for the event.

abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-21 8:47 pm   Permalink

Tikitam sent me these very cool Thor Heyerdahl souvenir coins! Thanks Tikitam! I just put 4 nice pieces of Islander Bamboo in the mail for her a couple of days ago. That makes 18 pieces Total in Canada now!

From Left to Right, Top to Bottom;

KON-TIKI Museet

Kon-Tiki was the name given to a raft by Norwegian explorer and writer Thor Heyerdahl in his 1947 expedition. On exhibit at the Kon-Tiki Museum is Thor Heyerdahl's original Kon-Tiki balsa-wood raft, used on this expedition from Peru to Polynesia to prove that the Polynesians originally came from South America.

Kon-Tiki Museum - Easter Island

In 1955-1956, Thor Heyerdahl organized the Norwegian Archaeological Expedition Easter Island. The expedition included experiments with regard to the carving, transport and erection of the moai statues.

Kon-Tiki Museum - Ra II

In 1969 and 1970, Thor Heyerdahl built two boats from papyrus and attempted to cross the Atlantic from Morocco in Africa. Based on drawings and models from ancient Egypt, the first boat, named Ra, was constructed by boat builders from Lake Chad in the Republic of Chad using reed obtained from Lake Tana in Ethiopia. After a number of weeks, Ra took on water after its crew made modifications to the vessel that caused it to sag and break apart.
A similar vessel, Ra II, was then built by boatmen from Lake Titicaca in Bolivia and likewise set sail across the Atlantic from Morocco, this time with great success. The boat reached Barbados, thus demonstrating that mariners could have made trans-Atlantic voyages by sailing with the Canary Current.

Kon-Tiki Museum - Tigris

Tigris was the name of the third boat built by Thor Heyerdahl, intended to demonstrate that trade and migration could have linked Mesopotamia with the Indus Valley Civilization in what is now modern-day Pakistan.
Tigris was built in Iraq and sailed with its international crew through the Persian Gulf to Pakistan and made its way into the Red Sea. After about 5 months at sea and still remaining seaworthy, the Tigris was deliberately burnt in Djibouti, on April 3, 1978 as a protest against the wars raging on every side in the Red Sea and Horn of Africa.

close up, Kon-Tiki Museum - Easter Island

abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-28 7:33 pm   Permalink

Just traded with TravelingJones, he sent me these awesome mugs and pendant! Thanks Jonesey!

From left to right; Otagiri, Bosko, Orchids of Hawaii

Very cool! Real bones?? Sure looks real!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation