FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 9:07 pm   Permalink

Me on my way to a disco party!

last year.

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 9:32 pm   Permalink

The shirt is 100% polyester! Maybe Rayon? I don't know. It's Rai Nani. Bright blue with a beach scean and a dumb rainbow in the middle of the whole thing. I tucked it into my tight white bell bottoms for the disco dance. I have 50's era shirts but there is something just wrong enough about this shirt for me to sport it proudly!

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-19 4:32 pm   Permalink

BUMP BUMP BUMP. This thread would benefit from more TCers adding some more cool shirt photos!!

Got these at an Estate sale a couple of weeks ago. And just 75 cents each

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-19 8:30 pm   Permalink

Man, I completely forgot about this thread, thanks for the resurrection!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-19 11:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-11-19 20:30, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Man, I completely forgot about this thread, thanks for the resurrection!

No prob ATP. I love the eye candy of a beautiful aloha shirt.
Here's the others I got at that sale: (all the metal hangers have been replaced)

I didn't realize that this was a set until I was at checkout because I was holding an armload of things. The shirt was in the man's closet upstairs and the dress was in the woman's closet downstairs. Probably the first time they have been back together in years.

And finally a couple of others for the ladies:

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-20 7:31 pm   Permalink

How did I miss the great ATP post........

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2015-11-21 12:47 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-28 07:34 am   Permalink

I love all my kids the same

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-28 1:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-20 11:45, Tom Slick wrote:
I have a handful of shirts I own and like. I'm more of a Kustom Kulture Junkie, and seem to gravitate towards pinups and pinstripes...
The first one being a Lucky 13 button up shirt, and not sure, but it may have been a prototype. Someone can correct my memory on this shirt, if you own or seen others around.(I seem to remember buying on ebay as a prototype)
front

back

Thanks for the cool thread!(Even knowing Kate could have shown everyone's shirt in her own single thread!! ha, she had em all, man!)

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2010-10-20 13:45 ]

***LATEST UPDATE***
Found out recently(03/28/11) that Lucky 13 only made 150 TOTAL of these shirts. They said approximately 30 XL were made, and only the medium sizes are test batched/prototyped samples. Lucky 13 told me I have a really rare piece from their spring 2001 catalog. That is the lowest "production" shirt I've ever owned, or known of. I'm stoked.

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2011-04-06 11:48 ]

Hey Tom, I just stumbled onto this thread. I have two Lucky 13 shirts. The one like yours is a size medium-the other is a large.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-28 2:04 pm   Permalink

My Fave shirt is the one that I happen to be wearing at the time. Like most of us here , it is tough to pick a favorite.
Here’s one of mine-subject to change at any time.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Veronica!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-03-19 2:22 pm   Permalink

My favorite Hawaiian shirt:

Old Mick and the Sea

View Profile of Veronica! Send a personal message to Veronica!      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Veronica!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-03-20 1:51 pm   Permalink

Last night I went out for kimchi and seaweed. Delicatessen had surprise for me.

Tokidoki scrubs.

Quote:

On 2009-11-25 03:16, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hey post a pic of your favorite Hawaiian Shirt, ground rules, just one pic at a time, not your full quiver of Island goodness.

Yes. Is my new favorite Hawaiian shirt. Made in Hawaii.

Sometimes life quirk. Curious twist of fate.

View Profile of Veronica! Send a personal message to Veronica!      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-20 6:18 pm   Permalink

huh?... what??

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Veronica!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-03-20 10:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-03-20 18:18, komohana wrote:
huh?... what??

I will help you.

I did not own a Hawaiian shirt. Mick Jagger is a favourite entertainer. He is wearing Hawaiian shirt on a sailboat. For years I search for similar shirt. There is a famous American book written by Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea.

A few hours after posting, I went to Hawaiian delicatessen. And purchased my first Hawaiian shirt. It is not what we think of as "traditional" Hawaiian shirt with the cocoanut buttons. It is tokidoki scrubs. Made in Hawaii. Tokidoki is by Italian artist Simone Legno. Scrubs is Americanese for clothing worn in hospital operating theatre. To be worn as casual; about same as t-shirt.

So. Very funny coincidence of posting Mick Jagger wearing Hawaiian shirt and then purchasing my first Hawaiian shirt.

Perhaps it is my English—as—second—language. So sorry.

komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-21 02:48 am   Permalink

Mick and Ernest are some friends of yours?

...and they like to wear Hawaiian shirts?

...and live by the sea?

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation