FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Tiki Roa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-03-31 5:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-03-30 20:46, komohana wrote:

Tiki Loa, you possess an interesting turn of phrase, might I ask - from where do you hale?

... and do you have any friends named Mick and Ernest?

Trader Mic and Ernest Lemingway caught some heat on another thread I guess- I have been accused of haling from the "Midwest" but prefer to think of myself as a refugee from the Swiss Family Clyde. File me as a fan of Tiki who may rather be caught lolling in the sand than sittin' on a stool. Cheers

View Profile of Tiki Roa Send a personal message to Tiki Roa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-31 6:44 pm   Permalink

But, why change your username?

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-20 4:04 pm   Permalink

This isn't really the right thread for this post but I don't find a better place. My brother-in-law's father passed away last week and I attended his funeral today. This picture of him is from the late 40s in a vintage aloha shirt

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-21 1:57 pm   Permalink

A few posts ago, it was asked where we weigh in on Tommy Bahama. I thought that was worth responding to. I used to LOVE Tommy Bahama, but I feel in the past five years, their designs have lost their former whimsical quality and become almost just staid, classy aloha shirts...which is totally boring. Obviously, they are filling a niche & more power to them if it's working for them. But in the past, their designs were really cute, had a sense of humour & kitsch, and that is no longer present in any great amount. I would pick them up at a thrift store, but that's about it.
I've had a number of viewers on my Youtube channel (Kaiwaza) request I do a video on my Hawaiian shirt collection, as I always wear them in my videos. I really don't relish the thought of pressing them all, etc., etc., but I think I might break down & do a top 10 or Dirty Dozen Favorites or something video shortly.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYUkV5NiLqHn4yPG9RcwjA

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kaiwaza
"Hawaiian Leisure Hour" Youtube Hawaiian vinyl music
https://www.youtube.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-21 9:09 pm   Permalink

Custom Bamboo Ben Hawaiian Shirt Lamps !!

PM for deets!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-21 10:16 pm   Permalink

Mad Man- great photo

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-21 11:04 pm   Permalink

I thought it was cool Jon.
Speaking of cool, nice lamp Ben!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-21 11:58 pm   Permalink

Ben!!! You had yourself skinned for a lamp? That's what I call commitment to your craft!

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonMa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-07-30 3:18 pm   Permalink

Not my "favorite" but I just added this one to my collection:

View Profile of JasonMa Send a personal message to JasonMa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BlondieBoomBoom

Posted: 2017-08-01 10:30 am   Permalink

My husband and I have a matching set. He also has the Magnum P.I. shirt and a few others.

View Profile of BlondieBoomBoom Send a personal message to BlondieBoomBoom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-09 5:24 pm   Permalink

Here's a pic of a Sun Surf repro 1950s Aloha shirt I found recently on Etsy. Nice to have an original but a faithful reproduction is still nice to wear.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gar-Tiki

Posted: 2017-08-11 08:24 am   Permalink

Not traditional Aloha, but my fav Tiki shirt

Check the buttons!

View Profile of Gar-Tiki Send a personal message to Gar-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rexster314

Posted: 22 days ago; 3:22 pm   Permalink

Here's one of my first shirts, Oahu, 1990

Same shirt 2014 just to show I could get into it 24 years later

View Profile of rexster314 Send a personal message to rexster314      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 21 days ago; 08:26 am   Permalink

Same watch too?

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation