FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Tiki Roa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-03-31 5:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-03-30 20:46, komohana wrote:

Tiki Loa, you possess an interesting turn of phrase, might I ask - from where do you hale?

... and do you have any friends named Mick and Ernest?

Trader Mic and Ernest Lemingway caught some heat on another thread I guess- I have been accused of haling from the "Midwest" but prefer to think of myself as a refugee from the Swiss Family Clyde. File me as a fan of Tiki who may rather be caught lolling in the sand than sittin' on a stool. Cheers

View Profile of Tiki Roa Send a personal message to Tiki Roa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-31 6:44 pm   Permalink

But, why change your username?

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-20 4:04 pm   Permalink

This isn't really the right thread for this post but I don't find a better place. My brother-in-law's father passed away last week and I attended his funeral today. This picture of him is from the late 40s in a vintage aloha shirt

"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-21 1:57 pm   Permalink

A few posts ago, it was asked where we weigh in on Tommy Bahama. I thought that was worth responding to. I used to LOVE Tommy Bahama, but I feel in the past five years, their designs have lost their former whimsical quality and become almost just staid, classy aloha shirts...which is totally boring. Obviously, they are filling a niche & more power to them if it's working for them. But in the past, their designs were really cute, had a sense of humour & kitsch, and that is no longer present in any great amount. I would pick them up at a thrift store, but that's about it.
I've had a number of viewers on my Youtube channel (Kaiwaza) request I do a video on my Hawaiian shirt collection, as I always wear them in my videos. I really don't relish the thought of pressing them all, etc., etc., but I think I might break down & do a top 10 or Dirty Dozen Favorites or something video shortly.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYUkV5NiLqHn4yPG9RcwjA

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kaiwaza

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-21 9:09 pm   Permalink

Custom Bamboo Ben Hawaiian Shirt Lamps !!

PM for deets!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. Zombie Village SF, TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Ti

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-21 10:16 pm   Permalink

Mad Man- great photo

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-21 11:04 pm   Permalink

I thought it was cool Jon.
Speaking of cool, nice lamp Ben!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-21 11:58 pm   Permalink

Ben!!! You had yourself skinned for a lamp? That's what I call commitment to your craft!

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonMa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-07-30 3:18 pm   Permalink

Not my "favorite" but I just added this one to my collection:

View Profile of JasonMa Send a personal message to JasonMa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BlondieBoomBoom

Posted: 2017-08-01 10:30 am   Permalink

My husband and I have a matching set. He also has the Magnum P.I. shirt and a few others.

View Profile of BlondieBoomBoom Send a personal message to BlondieBoomBoom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-09 5:24 pm   Permalink

Here's a pic of a Sun Surf repro 1950s Aloha shirt I found recently on Etsy. Nice to have an original but a faithful reproduction is still nice to wear.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gar-Tiki

Posted: 2017-08-11 08:24 am   Permalink

Not traditional Aloha, but my fav Tiki shirt

Check the buttons!

View Profile of Gar-Tiki Send a personal message to Gar-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rexster314
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-11-21 3:22 pm   Permalink

Here's one of my first shirts, Oahu, 1990

Same shirt 2014 just to show I could get into it 24 years later

View Profile of rexster314 Send a personal message to rexster314      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-11-22 08:26 am   Permalink

Same watch too?

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-23 10:41 pm   Permalink

This time of year this Reyn Spooner 50th anniversary shirt is my favorite, Note the Tiki.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation