FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Clifton's Pacific Seas, Los Angeles, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Clifton's Pacific Seas, Los Angeles, CA (restaurant)
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 6:29 pm   Permalink

Hang10Tiki,

If you like the Clifton's postcards, there are at least 40 or more out there, so happy hunting!

Here is a souvenir photo folder from the Pacific Seas and Brookdale I got a little while back.

No photo inside, but you can see the shots of both locations.

Back of the folder.

Now this is really amazing.

Obviously before food stamps.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-03 2:27 pm   Permalink

Anyone heard any updates/timing on the "rebirth" of Clifton's Pacific Seas lately?

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-09-03 2:33 pm   Permalink

It's the Clifton's Brookdale (only) location that is undergoing refurbishment.
It's supposed to reopen later this year.

www.cliftonscafeteria.com

Interesting article about the owner of Clifton's Cafeteria and his mistress.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2013/06/cliftons_cafteria_clifford_clinton.php

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-03 11:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks, TikiLongBeach. "The Pacific Seas, a Polynesian themed Tiki bar will open in honor of the original Clifton's Pacific Seas that originally stood on Olive Street." Sounds like a cool addition to the place they are refurbing. Don't know why I was thinking they were re-opening a whole new, separate restaurant.

I remember reading that article the other week. Somebody on here (maybe you?) had posted it. Pretty interesting.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-28 08:06 am   Permalink

When is Clifton's scheduled to reopen? I see a bunch of conflicting info online and there website isn't very helpful

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-28 1:20 pm   Permalink

The info I have (from the folks working on it) is
there will be a new cafeteria, Tiki Bar, shops & upscale restaurant
as part of the renovation, the funding of the project took a while to get in place
so actual work on the project just started a few months ago & it will take a year or more to finish.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-28 11:28 pm   Permalink

A year or more?!? Yikes!!!

Oh well...

Actually, the most unsettling think about this new info is the word "upscale"... that sounds diametrically opposed to the entire spirit of Clifton's, and their humanitarian history of lending a helping hand to those in need.

I guess we'll have to wait and see!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-30 4:55 pm   Permalink

New one today

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-06 10:08 pm   Permalink

Ralph talks about Clifton's Pacific Sea at 5:40

Things That Arent Here Anymore with Ralph Story (KCET - PBS)

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-02 10:47 pm   Permalink

Exterior side view of Clifton's Pacific Seas.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-02 12:15 pm   Permalink

Kiara,

Nice slide photo. I have seen all of the postcards but very few actual photos from Clifton's Pacific Seas, so I did a little web research.

Some color shots of the exterior.

And a few black and white shots.

Quite a sight.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-09 09:59 am   Permalink

ATP or anyone else who may have "connections"- have you heard any updates on how the renovations are progressing (if at all)? Been about 6 months since the last time we heard it'd be a year or more. Which means only 6 months or more. now, right! Er...probably not.

Mahalo for any tidbits anyone has.

Ryan

The Below Decks
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-09 10:27 am   Permalink

Here's a Clifton's Pacific Seas sign specially commissioned and made for The Below Decks from the brilliant artist and carver, and friend to all things tiki, Lake Tiki!

View Profile of The Below Decks Send a personal message to The Below Decks  Goto the website of The Below Decks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-09 11:52 am   Permalink

All I have heard it's on schedule & alot of people are working on it
to get it done in time, I will see if anyone wants to volunteer more info.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-13 10:29 am   Permalink

Just to keep the record straight, the renovations are at the Brookdale location, not the Pacific Seas. So post over on that thread. It's not that confusing.

A cool postcard showing Danny Van Allen, the band leader at the Clifton's Pacific Seas.

DC

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation