FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New Years Eve at Dallas Trader Vic's
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New Years Eve at Dallas Trader Vic's
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-03 4:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha Texas Tikiphiles and everyone else...

A few of us have decided there is no better way to ring in the New Year than with a Mai Tai and maybe some Crab Rangoon.

YES...I'm referring to Trader Vic's in Dallas. The only REAL tiki bar in the state.

Join us for an evening of sophisticated savagery and other Polynesian delights as we dive into the new decade. Be sure to wear your finest aloha gear (weather permitting) so we know who you are!

Your fellow tikiphiles will begin filing in around 5pm. See you in the lounge!

almost forgot to mention....this was Tropical Icebergs idea. BIG MAHALOS!

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2009-12-03 18:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2009-12-03 19:11 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader_Vic's_Dallas

Posted: 2009-12-04 08:02 am   Permalink

Glad you all are coming in for New Year's Eve! Can't wait! Here is a copy of the menu for reference.

(to see the image larger, right-click and hit "save")

View Profile of Trader_Vic's_Dallas Send a personal message to Trader_Vic's_Dallas  Goto the website of Trader_Vic's_Dallas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-05 08:46 am   Permalink

Sounds like fun! And the menu looks delish.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Charlie
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-08 4:15 pm   Permalink

I'll be there too. I'll even bring our tiki art along for fun. Can't wait.

View Profile of Tiki Charlie Send a personal message to Tiki Charlie  Email Tiki Charlie Goto the website of Tiki Charlie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tropical_Icebergs
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-12 1:42 pm   Permalink

Come out, come out , from where ever you are and have a Mia Tia , while there's still some left....

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tropical_Icebergs
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-14 11:14 am   Permalink

It doesn't have to be a Mia Tia, you can have just about anything you can dream up..the drinks are good, the place is special...but the company is what counts the most...

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 12:11 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know if the New Year's menu supplants the regular menu (for the evening), or if it's just a special supplement?

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tropical_Icebergs
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-17 11:56 am   Permalink

when you go to the website it says "feast on the special menu Chef Mike has created for this night"...the Menu is also posted in the lobby , yet they do leave it unclear if any other options are available...Sure hope you two can make, we are looking forward to seeing you again...We were not making dinner plans, just Lounge plans...so we will see what they are serving in bar...usually there is no restrictions...

Trader_Vic's_Dallas

Posted: 2009-12-18 3:01 pm   Permalink

The New Year's Eve menu will be all that is available for that evening (in the way of food). Hope you all enjoy, I know Chef Mike is excited!

View Profile of Trader_Vic's_Dallas Send a personal message to Trader_Vic's_Dallas  Goto the website of Trader_Vic's_Dallas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-22 3:07 pm   Permalink

So looking forward to seeing everyone!

I'm also looking forward to the short stumble upstairs this time. The Palomar is offering a special rate of $119/nt to members of its In Touch program. This is a substantial savings over the rack rate of $199. I just signed up for the program and it took about 3 minutes. You can sign up here:
http://www.kimptonhotels.com/intouch/KIT_overview.aspx
You may need to call the hotel direct at 214/520-7969. When you call to make the reservation, make sure they know you are an In Touch member. Dobrolic was told the offer included complimentary parking and a bottle of wine. Didn't double check this as wine is pretty much the last thing on my mind when I'm upstairs from Trader Vic's!

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-25 12:43 pm   Permalink

Cool! So far 13 people say they'll be there. We have tables reserved in the lounge. I'll be there early to be sure we have the tables and to see if I can influence the music in any way.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rumbuddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-27 6:54 pm   Permalink

We were just wondering today if we should have a party or what!?!? So, definitely the or what - See you there! Does anyone know if it is a set price for the dinner if we decide to make a reservation? I suppose we can order the same food in the bar, just wondering if the dinner is a set price or what, didn't see prices on there.

View Profile of Rumbuddy Send a personal message to Rumbuddy  Email Rumbuddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-27 7:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-27 18:54, Rumbuddy wrote:
We were just wondering today if we should have a party or what!?!? So, definitely the or what - See you there! Does anyone know if it is a set price for the dinner if we decide to make a reservation? I suppose we can order the same food in the bar, just wondering if the dinner is a set price or what, didn't see prices on there.

On the Facebook page it says the special menu is "$65. ($85 if you couple dinner with a wine.)" That's PER PERSON (!!). You'll need to make a reservation if you want to eat in the dining room but you can also get it in the lounge. I'm sticking with the bar food. Mmmm...pork sliders....

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2009-12-29 14:15 ]

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-27 9:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Texas tikiphiles.

Mrs. Zulu and I will be catching a flight down from Denver on Thursday and joining ya'll for New Year's celebration. We will be staying there at the Palomar that evening. Sounds like there it is shaping up to be quite a group in the lounge for the evening. See you guys around 5.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dobrolic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-28 6:04 pm   Permalink

Aloha all,

We'll be at TV's Dallas for NYE, looking forward to getting together and imbibing in the New Year.

We will be: Dobrolic, Hulacat, Castlehune, and new Tikiphiles from the Washington, DC area--- Dickie Moe and Dubiki, a total of five (5). All staying at the Hotel Palomar.

Goldfish in our room please!

Dobrolic

View Profile of Dobrolic Send a personal message to Dobrolic  Email Dobrolic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation