FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New Years Eve at Dallas Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New Years Eve at Dallas Trader Vic's
Dobrolic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-29 11:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Kenike,

Do we have an update on the head count?

Aloha,

Dobrolic

View Profile of Dobrolic Send a personal message to Dobrolic  Email Dobrolic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 03:42 am   Permalink

So far 17 people say they'll definitely be there.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 2:54 pm   Permalink

Now hear this....

Other than the special $65 per person menu, there IS NO OTHER FOOD....NOT EVEN AT THE BAR.

I just found this out and I'm pretty surprised.

I'm still going...I'll be the one with a bucket of chicken.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2010-01-01 17:57 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 2:55 pm   Permalink

I'm also assuming no 5-7 happy hour either. I didn't ask when I called but I'm sure everything is full price.

Maybe we can get a discount on the Navy Grogs since they're out of rock candy sticks?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2009-12-30 16:59 ]

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 8:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-16 12:11, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Does anyone know if the New Year's menu supplants the regular menu (for the evening), or if it's just a special supplement?

Quote:

On 2009-12-18 15:01, Trader_Vic's_Dallas wrote:
The New Year's Eve menu will be all that is available for that evening (in the way of food). Hope you all enjoy, I know Chef Mike is excited!
(emphasis added)

That's why I asked, at the time... I suspected that the regular menu was off for the night. Guess their answer slipped under your radar, Kenike

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 8:35 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2010-01-01 17:51 ]

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 8:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-30 20:35, Kenike wrote:
...The Chinese restaurant down the street from me makes GREAT crab rangoon. I'm bringing some.

Heh, heh, that Kenike, he's such a kidder! No need to frisk him at the door, Trader Vic's - he's just pulling your leg.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dobrolic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-31 02:05 am   Permalink

No bar menu? Not good. Hopefully something will work out for food options.

Dobrolic

[ This Message was edited by: Dobrolic 2010-01-03 12:41 ]

View Profile of Dobrolic Send a personal message to Dobrolic  Email Dobrolic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-31 04:46 am   Permalink

If anyone wants to cancel I certainly understand and don't blame you one bit.

If you're a fan of TV's Facebook page you could leave a comment on the announcement I put there about there being no food. They definitely read that.

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-31 08:29 am   Permalink

Right, just forget Trader Vic's.
Koitiki, everyone's coming up to your room - Texas Tikiphiles'll have their own party!
(Kenike, remember to bring enough Rangoons for everyone.)

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2009-12-31 08:31 ]

Tropical_Icebergs

Posted: 2009-12-31 09:40 am   Permalink

I must say the path Trader V. has chosen for New Years Eve...certainly doesn't sound like it's a path to success..no disrespect intended to Chef Mike...but who ever is making the decisions should consider making some new ones...

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rumbuddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-31 1:32 pm   Permalink

We'll still be coming but not for the whole evening, I think just a couplefew drinks and then we'll head home. Looking forward to seeing everyone, hopefully the time we're there is when you guys are all there too!

View Profile of Rumbuddy Send a personal message to Rumbuddy  Email Rumbuddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader_Vic's_Dallas

Posted: 2009-12-31 5:26 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to drop in and let you know we are doing our best to listen and make as many people happy as possible. We sincerely understand your complaints, but from a business standpoint I promise you we are doing our best. Most revenue comes from the NYE dinner and to offer the menu we are offering, will take a lot of man power in the kitchen. To ensure that everyone's NYE dinner is the best it can be, we didn't want to risk stretching thin in the kitchen by offering the bar menu. We see your point about the issues of not offering it, but we looked at it logistically and this was our best option. Regardless, we hope you all enjoy your night and have a wonderful New Year's Eve. Be safe, and happy new year!

View Profile of Trader_Vic's_Dallas Send a personal message to Trader_Vic's_Dallas  Goto the website of Trader_Vic's_Dallas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tropical_Icebergs

Posted: 2010-01-01 10:12 am   Permalink

I want to say "Thanks" to Kenike...for making last night a special night, once again he went out of his way to ensure the best was available.. provided the best music and made other special arrangements on the groups behalf..Thanks..and A special "Thanks" to Chef Mike for his cooperation and consideration. He helped make it a great evening. We will still be regulars at Trader Vic's largely in part to Chef Mike's attention to the group. It can't be easy to run a place like that ..and also give special attention to our small group as well. A big THANK YOU to all who were there...what a night..pictures to follow later..so keep an eye out, and have your alibi ready....

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-01 5:46 pm   Permalink

Texas tikiphiles, you guys are GREAT!

Alissa and I are back in Denver tonight, but we both really had a fantastic time last night. Everyone made us feel welcome and part of your group.

Kenike, a big Mahalo for putting this all together, pulling off the proper music for the evening and super thanks for the Dallas TV souvenirs.

Chef Mike, I have visited many of the Trader Vic's, but last night was my first time your Big D location. You have a wonderful restaurant and I hope things continue to go well for you. Your focus on customer service was evident when you went out of your way to bring our group not one, but two large trays of crab rangoon on separate occasions (which meant extra unplanned work for you in the kitchen on NYE). A huge thank you, that's real customer service!

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation