[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki House of Tiki store, Orange County, CA
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
House of Tiki store, Orange County, CA
Squawker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-23 5:19 pm   Permalink

FYI

For all us tiki lovers in So Cal, there is a terrific store in Costa Mesa called The House of Tiki. It's directly across from Triangle Square Mall on Newport Blvd and 19th street. It's run by a great guy named Wes Johnson.

The shop isn't huge, but it's crammed to the ceiling with amazing tropical stuff: Tiki Farm mugs, tropical furniture, accessories, Shag books, tiki bars, decor and, of course, locally carved tikis. It's been open for a year and now gets a good local crowd. The House of Tiki is open Tuesday - Sunday.

Also, a couple blocks futher west on Newport Blvd, there is Copa Cobana, an up-scale tropical furniture outlet. Just a couple places to stop by whenever you're in the area.

View Profile of Squawker Send a personal message to Squawker  Goto the website of Squawker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 5:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks Squawker~

Wes is a very cool guy.

His member name here on Tiki Central is "1morelapu-lapu".

His webpage is
here.

Pictures from he 40th birthday party that we all were at are here.
Thanks again!

I'll Put In On My Schedule!

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-04-23 18:00 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 5:56 pm   Permalink

Wes' TC name is actually "1morelapu-lapu".

"Horizon Mambo" is Marcus Pizzuti...

[ This Message was edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-04-23 17:58 ]

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 6:16 pm   Permalink

It is a great little shop with some very fun Tiki items. I was there a couple months ago when I was out in Newport Beach visiting friends. They weren't real keen on shipping items, though. It was like pulling teeth. I eventually persuaded them, but at a high cost considering I purchased around $300+ worth of tiki items. (Tiki isn't exactly "in" here in Wisconsin, so you have to buy it where you find it).

Anyway, it was a great store with some super-fun tiki stuff.

Happy TIKI shopping

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 6:16 pm   Permalink

There's a tiki bar in Sunset Beach?

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Squawker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-23 6:17 pm   Permalink

I didn't realize Wes was a member (he didn't mention to me whenever I rapped with him at his store). That's great to hear.

Hopefully whenever the next local TC event occurs, I'll be available to attend. Laney mentioned something about organizing an Orange County tour of our personal tiki habitats (both of us are working on ours)early in the summer.

Something to think about...

View Profile of Squawker Send a personal message to Squawker  Goto the website of Squawker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 9:07 pm   Permalink

I thought House of Tiki was on Adams in H.b. That's what Tiki_Bong told me.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 9:31 pm   Permalink

Bong told me everything was on Adams. Rodeo Drive of H.B? heh, heh
Hey Rev, I'm coming by your shop Friday afternoon around 4:30. See you then, if you're going to be there.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 08:37 am   Permalink

I guess you won't be there. Shop closed on Friday.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Squawker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-24 2:12 pm   Permalink

Wes' House of Tiki is on Newport Blvd and 19th Street in Costa Mesa - directly across from Triangle Square. You can't miss it. I mean, there's tiki painted all over the facade.

To the best of my knowledge, unless he changed his hours this week (I was just there last Thursday), the store is open Tuesday - Sunday (closed Mondays). If you're going to drop over there this Friday, let me know when. I have "writer's hours" and can usually rearrange my schedule to stop by the store (any excuse to go there).

Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 6:27 pm   Permalink

huh?
Jungletrader, you can catch him in the workshop across the lot.
Aloha.

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 8:43 pm   Permalink

Jungle.

I'll be there in the afternoon. Just ask anyone in the lot and they will point you to my workshop. The Bamboo Ben Store is on Yorktown (and no-one will be there unless you find me) on the front but my workshop is on the other side down a few. I got this big ass custom 35' bar I made for a Getty son who is making a movie at his pad in Hollywood Hills called "Whiplash" that they are picking up Fri. afternoon. I'll be out all morning.

P.S. Slacker, we're having a 20% off (except raw goods) all sale this Sat. & Sun. @ 712 Yorktown Ave. in H.B. just west of Beach if you are interested. You're best bet would be to come round noonish Sat or Sun., at the store, right on Yorktown, you can't miss it, just ask anyone, in the area.

Aloooooooooooooooooooha!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-02 7:30 pm   Permalink

lucky, BEHAVE!!!, i'm always watching........and i really did discover sams.....just like colombus and america...

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-02 10:17 pm   Permalink

I was waiting for you to see that.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-03 12:12 am   Permalink

Oh you two are so flippen cute it makes me want to PUKE!;>(
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation