FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Smuggler's Cove, San Francisco, CA (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Smuggler's Cove, San Francisco, CA (bar)
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-03-06 12:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-06 09:51, pablus wrote:

I love it.
The drinks are the best anywhere and I love the atmosphere.
Upstairs is the place to be for this crew although all of it is very spectacular.

It's like going back to the Foggy Grotto except with a larger area and more decor.

I can't wait to go back.
But I have to.

Oh yeah, I already wrote the Smuggler's Cove song. I'll post a mp3 of it in a few weeks when I learn it all the way through without the thoughtful pauses.

Is the Foggy Grotto a different name for the Novato Grotto?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-13 6:10 pm   Permalink

Had a work assignment in San Francisco and made my first visit to Smuggler's Cove. Amazing place and even better cocktails. My Tiki-timing was perfect, as they had the new Crazy Al mugs for sale.

Presented by the gracious bartender

And enjoyed by me!

I also got one of the barrel mugs in the new glaze.

It was great to see Tiki Kate's Cannibals displayed on the main wall. The Tiki Bob mug was chained up it its perch as someone walked off with the last version.

A big thanks to Super Eight for giving me the locals tour of the bar and the drink menu.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-14 01:18 am   Permalink

It was great to run into you Dusty! I'm so glad your first trip to the Cove was a great one. It was my pleasure to talk a little tiki with you. Now you have to make it up here for the South Bay Home Crawl next year.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-14 11:20 pm   Permalink

...and all that in a matching shirt!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-14 11:33 pm   Permalink

Sven,

That's to funny, exactly what the bartender said as he handed me the drink!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-17 11:35 pm   Permalink

If anyone is going to Smuggler's Cove and would be willing to pickup one of the Crazy Al Sunken Tiki mugs for me I would be very grateful. (I just don't see that I am going to be able to go there any time soon.)

Mahalo!

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-24 09:45 am   Permalink

WooHoooo! SoccerTiki and I just returned from our Maiden Voyage to Smuggler's Cove and I have to say The Cove left me Speechless

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation