FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Smuggler's Cove, San Francisco, CA (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Smuggler's Cove, San Francisco, CA (bar)
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-03-06 12:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-06 09:51, pablus wrote:

I love it.
The drinks are the best anywhere and I love the atmosphere.
Upstairs is the place to be for this crew although all of it is very spectacular.

It's like going back to the Foggy Grotto except with a larger area and more decor.

I can't wait to go back.
But I have to.

Oh yeah, I already wrote the Smuggler's Cove song. I'll post a mp3 of it in a few weeks when I learn it all the way through without the thoughtful pauses.

Is the Foggy Grotto a different name for the Novato Grotto?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-13 6:10 pm   Permalink

Had a work assignment in San Francisco and made my first visit to Smuggler's Cove. Amazing place and even better cocktails. My Tiki-timing was perfect, as they had the new Crazy Al mugs for sale.

Presented by the gracious bartender

And enjoyed by me!

I also got one of the barrel mugs in the new glaze.

It was great to see Tiki Kate's Cannibals displayed on the main wall. The Tiki Bob mug was chained up it its perch as someone walked off with the last version.

A big thanks to Super Eight for giving me the locals tour of the bar and the drink menu.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-14 01:18 am   Permalink

It was great to run into you Dusty! I'm so glad your first trip to the Cove was a great one. It was my pleasure to talk a little tiki with you. Now you have to make it up here for the South Bay Home Crawl next year.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-14 11:20 pm   Permalink

...and all that in a matching shirt!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-14 11:33 pm   Permalink

Sven,

That's to funny, exactly what the bartender said as he handed me the drink!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-17 11:35 pm   Permalink

If anyone is going to Smuggler's Cove and would be willing to pickup one of the Crazy Al Sunken Tiki mugs for me I would be very grateful. (I just don't see that I am going to be able to go there any time soon.)

Mahalo!

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-24 09:45 am   Permalink

WooHoooo! SoccerTiki and I just returned from our Maiden Voyage to Smuggler's Cove and I have to say The Cove left me Speechless

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker

Posted: 13 days ago; 12:06 pm   Permalink

Not a heck of a lot of photos of this place. I Airbnb'd around the corner from Smuggler's Cove last week and took a few picks. The Boskos look great framing the old paper!

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DejaVoodoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 12:33 pm   Permalink

I just received my copy of the SMUGGLER'S COVE book. While I haven't spent much time with it, I couldn't help but be completely smitten by the mug on the front cover! I also see the same mug featured prominently in this thread's photos. As much as I would adore a visit to Smuggler's Cove in person, living on the east coast, a trip out west isn't financially feasible at the moment. I would still like to buy one of the awesome mugs, though. Is there any way I can do that online? My growing mug collection and I thank you, fellow TCers!

View Profile of DejaVoodoo Send a personal message to DejaVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 7 days ago; 2:45 pm   Permalink

Smuggler's Cove does not sell their mugs online and they don't ship them. If you're in an area where they're doing a book signing, you might be able to pick up the limited edition brown version made especially for the book tour. Otherwise, watch eBay... they come up there regularly.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DejaVoodoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 12:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-19 14:45, JenTiki wrote:
Smuggler's Cove does not sell their mugs online and they don't ship them. If you're in an area where they're doing a book signing, you might be able to pick up the limited edition brown version made especially for the book tour. Otherwise, watch eBay... they come up there regularly.

Thanks for the heads up!

View Profile of DejaVoodoo Send a personal message to DejaVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 5 days ago; 1:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-21 12:17, DejaVoodoo wrote:
Quote:

On 2016-07-19 14:45, JenTiki wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!

You could also try the mug exchange thread to see if anyone in the area will pick one up for you and mail it. I actually attempted that for this very mug a while back but my wife ended up sending a friend of ours from the Bay area to the bar to get one and surprised me with it for my birthday.

Happy camper:

Here's the thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=46028&forum=5

It's such a great mug. Good luck!

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TongaT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 5 days ago; 4:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-18 12:33, DejaVoodoo wrote:
I just received my copy of the SMUGGLER'S COVE book. While I haven't spent much time with it, I couldn't help but be completely smitten by the mug on the front cover! I also see the same mug featured prominently in this thread's photos. As much as I would adore a visit to Smuggler's Cove in person, living on the east coast, a trip out west isn't financially feasible at the moment. I would still like to buy one of the awesome mugs, though. Is there any way I can do that online? My growing mug collection and I thank you, fellow TCers!

I might be able to help if they aren't doing the book tour near you where you can get the book edition...are you local to any mugs you would want to trade for a smugglers cove?

View Profile of TongaT Send a personal message to TongaT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TongaT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 5 days ago; 4:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I might be able to help if they aren't doing the book tour near you where you can get the book edition...are you local to any mugs you would want to trade for a smugglers cove?

View Profile of TongaT Send a personal message to TongaT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DejaVoodoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 12:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-21 16:45, TongaT wrote:
Quote:

That is a very generous offer! Thank you, TongaT. Sadly, I don't believe I'm local to any tiki temples. I even missed the book tour stop in NJ a month or two ago. Since I'm also just getting into collectors' tiki mugs, I only have a few generic Tiki Farm items in my possession.

I did search eBay for the Smuggler's Cove mug, as others have recommended, but the only listing there would have set me back well over $100. That's a but rich for my blood.

Does anyone know how much the actual mug costs when you buy it in person at Smuggler's Cove? Knowing the retail price might actually help me figure out if any listings on eBay are fair or not. Though, some might say that a $100 dollar tiki mug IS a fair price - a bargain even - compared to the cost of airfare and a hotel to actually visit Smuggler's Cove. LOL!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation