FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ California Events Ľ Ľ "Tiki Road Trip" book signing and Teitel-schmooze. T-Vic's Emeryville, Friday 4/25
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
"Tiki Road Trip" book signing and Teitel-schmooze. T-Vic's Emeryville, Friday 4/25
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-04-23 7:22 pm   Permalink

Hi kids, don't forget, THIS FRIDAY! Details are here:

---------
Friday, April 25, James Teitelbaum will be at Trader Vicís in Emeryville, CA for his third west coast event. The Emeryville Trader Vicís staff love the local San Francisco Tiki community, and they are offering discounted Mai Tais for anyone who comes down to meet James and have him scribble on their copy of Tiki Road Trip. Be there from 6PM to 8PM for pupus, Mai Tais, the likely appearance of Tiki Central hardcores (love those guys!), music selection by Otto von Stroheim, and a good olí time in the hard-to-get-into Captain Cook Room at Trader Vicís!

---------------

I unfortunately cannot make it. BUT-- afterward, won't you all come on over to check out a fabulous burlesque show? His Royal Tikiness James T. himself is planning to come out for it, and it's just over the bridge. Featuring yours truly as a monkey. Details are at:
http://www.sfburlesque.com/upcoming.htm

mig
p.s. JT if you get this, give me a call: 415-999-6669

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 12:01 pm   Permalink

Hey, is anyone from TC going to this? I'm trying to figure out if I can muster the energy tomorrow to haul my ass over the bridge for a tiki event.

It's been a long week (we visited family in OC), and I have a funeral tomorrow, so I'll be a little down. But if people are coming out, it might be worth the effort!

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 12:05 pm   Permalink

I'll be there, but don't let that stop you from coming...

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 12:12 pm   Permalink

I'll be there, since TV's is within walking distance of my office....

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-04-24 2:31 pm   Permalink

THe Jab, Tikihag, TIkivixen and some of our friends will be joining me there.--Bruce
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-04-24 3:19 pm   Permalink

I will be there with my wife and my attorney who will want to know why JT has plagarized emails I've sent him in his book.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 3:42 pm   Permalink

I'll be there with bells on

and in the absence of bells, pants.

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-04-26 2:35 pm   Permalink

What a great time! It was nice to make it out of my little cave and have some fun. James is a great guy and has a great book. He sold out of all his copies at the signing and left people empty-handed!

As always, it's great to see meet new Tiki Centralites face-to-face ... although I get so confused with the member names I can't keep it straight! Midnite Tiki was the only one I remember off the bat .... ugh, and I didn't even have that much to drink!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 3:19 pm   Permalink

Midnite Tiki was the only one I remember off the bat

Hanford, I wasn't at TV's last night. I believe there is an imposter out there wrecking my bad name. My Mother mentioned the existence of an "evil twin", but I always attributed her comments to the severe disappointment she felt having given birth to an attorney. Could this be related? Hmmmm...me thinks it may.

Well, at least this time the imposter did not stiff anyone for drink bills or throw up on the table. That has been the case, reportedly, in the past with this scoundrel.
I am continuing to hunt down this ne'er do well. He will be discovered, uncovered, and my bad name recovered.

Wait, was I at TV's last night? For some reason my pockets are filled with Menehune sticks, postcards, and TV matchbooks.

Framed...I have been framed! Damn, that imposter guy is good.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 5:20 pm   Permalink

martiki6
Damn I wish I had an attorney to bring along. If I did he'd have to be like Hunter S. Thompson's attorney in "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas". Somebody who knew how to liven up a party as well as provide me with sound legal advice when we we're both no longer able to stand up without falling down.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2003-04-26 6:42 pm   Permalink

I had a great time at Trader Vics last night and James wanted to check
out my pad. So...if any one else wants to be part of a casual BYOB
event at 9pm at the UGH House in Oakland tonight, email me At
<tradersmiley@yahoo.com> and give me your name, what city you will be
coming from and phone #.---thanks--Bruce

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2003-04-26 6:44 pm   Permalink

The "tonight" I refer to is Saturday night 4/26/03.....
a repeat; I had a great time at Trader Vics last night and James wanted to check
out my pad. So...if any one else wants to be part of a casual BYOB
event at 9pm at the UGH House in Oakland tonight, email me At
<tradersmiley@yahoo.com> and give me your name, what city you will be
coming from and phone #.---thanks--Bruce

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 7:18 pm   Permalink

--"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit off the little brown bottle in my shaving kit."

--"Where'd you get this?!"

(famous last words!)

--"Never mind, it's totally pure."

Sorry, couldn't help it. I've got Hunter S. on the brain this week.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2003-04-29 3:33 pm   Permalink

I would like to thanks James and everyone else who showed up at the UGH House party last Saturday night. Thanks for your company and all the libations and snacks you brought.
Tiki Road Trip-is a must read and must own book for any Tiki bar fanatic!!

cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 3:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-29 15:33, mrsmiley wrote:
I would like to thanks James and everyone else who showed up at the UGH House party last Saturday night.

...and Sunday morning!

I'd like to thank James for showing us some of the photos from his trip, particularly those of the crumbling motels along old Route 66.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation