FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Trader Vic's, Honolulu, HI, (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Trader Vic's, Honolulu, HI, (restaurant)
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 08:53 am   Permalink

Here is a great souvenir photo from the Honolulu Trader Vic's that I attempted to purchase on ebay a while back.

Pretty good photo of the restaurant scene, and you have to love the matching his and hers outfits!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-01-22 09:28 am   Permalink

So...who's going to contact Hinkles? If they're still around their archive of old negatives from Waikiki restaurants and showrooms must be filled with great stuff!

*My ability to call long distance is currently turned off at the moment.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-31 5:03 pm   Permalink

I finally found one the Trader Vic's menus from Hawaii with the great illustrations of the mugs that were used exclusively in Hawaii.

Here is the cover and the back.

And the drinks..

If you compare my menu to the older menu I posted you can see that the Red Pants and Seahorse Mugs were added.

I have yet to see one of those blue Navy Grog mugs.

Here is a proclamation on the menu stating that these drinks and mugs were for the Trader Vic's in Hawaii only.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-22 7:16 pm   Permalink

I posted this find over in the crypto thread, but think it might belong here as well. i've searched & searched & cannot find any info about this drum mug. It is marked underneath "Trader Vic's Hawaii"
Has anyone seen or heard of this mug before?

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-22 11:21 pm   Permalink

Swell mug. Possibly was done by "Rainbow Ceramic, Hawaii." Looks like their stuff.

The husk of the Trader Vic's at the International Market Place around 2001 before demolition.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-23 11:02 am   Permalink

Thanks Phillip, I appreciate the reply. I havent heard of Rainbow Ceramics before, do you have any other info so that I can try figure out the age of this piece, or pictures of any of their other stuff? thanks in advance!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-24 2:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2011-01-22 08:53, Dustycajun wrote:
Pretty good photo of the restaurant scene, and you have to love the matching his and hers outfits!

Both couples not only have matching outfits, but also matching drinks!

Here's another slightly different pic of the entrance.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-24 5:05 pm   Permalink

An old RPPC from Trader Vic's spotted on ebay with Granny Abbott listed as the owner.

DC

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-01 10:27 am   Permalink

Here is another early souvenir photo from the original Trader Vic's on Ward Avenue that I tried for on the bay.

Not much of a TIPSY factor.

DC

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-10-01 10:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-01 10:27, Dustycajun wrote:

At least they're actually smiling and it looks like they're having fun which is rare in these kind of pictures.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-01 12:49 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2011-10-01 10:27, Dustycajun wrote:

It's always a good thing to see more pictures surface of this place, because there aren't many. I'm sure there will be more Tiki as we start to get a better shots. Also, let's not forget that this locale was opened in 1941, and the real "Tiki Age" in Hawaii doesn't start until 1946 when Donn set's up shop in Waikiki.

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2011-12-04 16:40 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 3:19 pm   Permalink

Just got a box of salesmen sample napkins and this one was in there from Trader Vic's International Marketplace:

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 9:01 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2011-12-15 15:19, SandraDee wrote:
Just got a box of salesmen sample napkins and this one was in there from Trader Vic's International Marketplace:

OH MAN!! Beautiful Napkin. What a treasure trove. I wish I'd had that one to put in Waikiki Tiki!

This shot, while a bit dark, is Trader Vic's at the ITNL.

This one is from Ward Avenue!

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2012-06-29 15:05 ]

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-16 07:46 am   Permalink

Phillip Roberts maybe when you do Book #2 you can scan it in

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-27 7:30 pm   Permalink

Just got this nice souvenir menu from the Trader Vic's at the International Marketplace. A great rendering of the grounds.

Close up, you can spot a nice Tiki in the bushes.

The menu.

Now this must have been a poke at Donn Beach "Honolulu's Original South Seas Restaurant" Really?!!!

DC

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation