"/>
FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Trader Vic's, Honolulu, HI, (restaurant)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Trader Vic's, Honolulu, HI, (restaurant)
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 9:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-28 13:18, Phillip Roberts wrote:
I tend to trust newspapers more than I do press kits. Journalists seem more reliable (even then) than press kit writers. Press kits by nature are designed to get out YOUR side.

I don't get it. What I posted above is not some press kit written some press kit writer. It is a statement by Trader Vic, in his words, signed by his hand in ink (not a printed signature). The article you found does not quote Vic directly, it is the writer who makes the statement "this gray haired genial host served the first Mai Tai when he founded the Honululu Trader Vic's" and only after that goes into a direct quote by Vic. It seems much more likely to me that the writer's statement is based on some miss-information or a miss-understanding, than that Vic would be contradicting himself in this matter.

By the way, I just found out that we now can add Augie Goupil as one more claimant to the invention of the Mai Tai mythology.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation