[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Your Christmas Hates, Rants, & Weirdness
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Your Christmas Hates, Rants, & Weirdness
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 2:08 pm   Permalink

Here's a thread for Christmas rants and hates and general bitching. And what the heck...Christmas weridness, too.

Why this thread? Why now? My reasons are my own.

How it works: If there are things you hate about Christmas or you see something that's Christmas based and it's horrible and annoying or you're just a plain outright hater of Christmas you can come to this thread and rant away. Or maybe just post some weird Christmas stuff. Like a giant furry orca music conductor as part of a Christmas display.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 2:08 pm   Permalink

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 2:23 pm   Permalink

Something that really gets my candy cane print flannel boxers in a bunch: New words to classic Christmas tunes in ads or hilarious holiday reviews.

The ads are just full on wrong. If you want to sell me on your amazing one stop shopping aspects write your own damned song, don't rape a public domain one that we all know well.

The idea of a Christmas tune refit with hee-larry-ass timely political lyrics or rewritten to cleverly go on about how Christmas is actually a big pain in the ass is completely tired and worn out. If anyone suggests it to you for your Big Holiday Showstravaganza they should have the nearest heavy object thrown at them with extreme prejudice. Then kick them out of the chorus.

There of course has to be an exception for National Public Radio as they would lose most of their humorous holiday content should they not be allowed to make smug wink-wink Christmas song parodies. This could lead to a loss of pledges which would mean NPR peoples would have to go and get actual jobs.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 2:48 pm   Permalink

this clown thinks it's Christmas all year!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 4:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-15 14:48, little lost tiki wrote:

I think he oughta be, though. Frequently.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 4:45 pm   Permalink

I hate it when my favorite thrift stores take up precious floor room space and drag out all that Xmas crap they've received all year. And I'm talking about all that MODERN crap, with not a stitch of cool VINTAGE xmas crap.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 5:23 pm   Permalink

i hate it when other Holidays try to horn-in on Christmas....
jumping on the bandwagon and leeching off of the hype and dollars of Christmas....
either celebrate Christmas during Christmas
or just go pound sand until YOUR special Holiday happens....

That and the Pink Panther Christmas Special
where he STARVES the entire show..
jollyholiday?
i think not....

there.... that feels better....

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 5:49 pm   Permalink

Pound sand?

HATE: Media peoples complaining about how hectic the holidays are.

If it is that taxing on your time and energy then don't friggin do it. If you decide you actually want/feel you must do the holidays then stop the gasping and sighing and eye rolling. It's been done. We all know. Shut up and expand your field of vision: Use your hot air powered blah-blah time to mention somethin nice. Or...And here's a real stretch radio DJs...Talk about someone other than yourselves.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-15 7:17 pm   Permalink

Please...please...please stop sending me emails that offer Xmas specials:

fabulous deals on all table lamps
no shipping charges on purchases over $100
20 to 30% off selected items
everything with an orange sticker half off
all ornaments 15% off
1 day only-Xmas extravaganza-click here
buy 2 get the third free
12th day of Xmas special
last chance to save on electronics
great deals on all cruises for the holidays
order now for delivery by Xmas
etc.
etc.
etc.

Having to open all these emails and search the links is pushing me closer and closer to bilateral carpal tunnel.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 8:44 pm   Permalink

If I had his job..I'd drink too!!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 05:34 am   Permalink

MAKES A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT!

I assume the thought behind this line is "We have a product to sell...It's Christmastime...Consumers may not realize that our product could be given as a gift for Christmas so we should make the connection for them."

Some other marketing lines that should be considered:

Ideal for scrambled eggs! (Eggs.)

Perfect for sandwiches! (Bologna.)

Makes a great flotation device in the event of a water landing! (Airliner seats.)

naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 07:51 am   Permalink

File this under weirdness. Have you ever noticed that those roadside manger displays are getting more surreal every year? Its pretty common seeing an exhibit with the characters from Peanuts underneath the star and Snoopy as Jesus, but a few weeks back I saw a traditional and scene the owner of the gas station it was in front of saw it fit to include a large Statue of Liberty behind the 3 wise men. If only I brought my camera.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-16 08:05 am   Permalink

My ability to hate having atrophied, I do have a few yuletide peeves.

Santas need to find their own helpers. Don't horn in on mine and try to lure them away with Coke.

That doesn't sit well with me and I've been known to rally other Santas to crush such toystore invaders.

Don't worry about me. I'm getting bailed out by Vixen, the ones in the first pic.

frikken spelling

[ This Message was edited by: The Gnomon 2009-12-16 08:06 ]

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 10:03 am   Permalink

I HATE the "war on xmas" garbage the extreme right and idiot followers bring up this time of year because people aren't saying "merry xmas" when they leave Malwart anymore - just happy holidays. I HATE that people get trampled in department stores the day after Thanksgiving because they're hoping to save a buck.

Here's an easy one - I HATE that my neighbors are breathing down my neck because I haven't put up any lights! Be careful what you ask for neighbors - I may just through a string of lights on the hedge and leave it at that!

[ This Message was edited by: beadtiki 2009-12-16 10:08 ]

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 11:03 am   Permalink

I really like Disneyland at X-mas time.
but I hate all the people that flock their during the holidays.
yes I know this is a silly rant, as they(D-land) probably loves holidays for this reason.

I guess I am spoiled by living so close and having gone so many times on cold weds. in Nov. and Feb. that when you want to go and enjoy the park at a Holiday time, but with the small crowds.

guess I'm dreaming huh?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation