FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars New Guy, New Bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New Guy, New Bar
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-17 07:18 am   Permalink

Nice start.
Welcome to TC.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
USAF Retired
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-24 10:54 am   Permalink

Ok Ive taken you guys advice and toned down the lighting, I stained the wood walls and tinted the white concrete a more natural tan color. I also put 7 watt bulbs in the lamps, in place of the 40 watts that were there. Hopefully there will be some "Tiki Stuff" under the Xmas tree so this perpetual project will evolve some more. Wow this stuff is fun and addicting.
Here is a few pics taken last night. The temp in the basement is in the 60's but the girls acted like it was in the Artic and wore coats., despite my encouraging coconut bras and hula skirts

View Profile of USAF Retired Send a personal message to USAF Retired      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-24 10:59 am   Permalink

Now THAT is looking good ! What a change!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-24 11:14 am   Permalink

Excellent!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-24 11:30 am   Permalink

so much better,
congrats

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-24 11:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-24 10:54, USAF Retired wrote:

These are your best additions to the bar, so far. Be sure and post pictures with hula skirts and coconut bras.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Bob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-24 12:19 pm   Permalink

That's the best thing about this forum, people giving advice to get the right look and that genuine Tiki atmosphere. Looks great man!
Tofa
Trader Bob

View Profile of Trader Bob Send a personal message to Trader Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-24 1:06 pm   Permalink

A good point has been raised... Heat your tiki bar rooms gentlemen traders! Turn up the heat so as to create the desired atmosphere and clothing levels. This may be almost as important as the elimination of white ceilings!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
USAF Retired
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-25 3:47 pm   Permalink

Look what Santa brought me today, Apparently he has connections at tikimaster. Who knew?

View Profile of USAF Retired Send a personal message to USAF Retired      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-26 12:09 pm   Permalink

you've been hard at work these past couple weeks. Nice changes.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-26 1:58 pm   Permalink

Nothing better than a home bar to relax in!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2009-12-27 01:25 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
USAF Retired
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-06 6:14 pm   Permalink

3 years ago, I posted those first pics of my bar...alot has changed since then and I figured an update was needed.

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-06 6:46 pm   Permalink

Wow..what a difference a few years makes. Looking good.

I have a couple important questions to ask however...

1. Is that really Frankenstein tending bar or is my mind just on halloween cause it is showing up in stores everywhere?
2. How does a guy end up with, not one, but two different leg lamps?

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
USAF Retired
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-06 7:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-06 18:46, littlegiles wrote:
Wow..what a difference a few years makes. Looking good.

I have a couple important questions to ask however...

1. Is that really Frankenstein tending bar or is my mind just on halloween cause it is showing up in stores everywhere?
2. How does a guy end up with, not one, but two different leg lamps?

- Dale

yep...Franky is tending bar.. it was a cardboard Pepsi display from last Halloween, About a week before Halloween the manager at the local convenience store told me I could have it after Halloween, then he couldnt believe that I stopped at the store at 6:30am on Nov 1 and asked for it...Franky was holding a can of Pepsi that I carefully cut out and inserted a can of beer.

I made the leg lamps...The opaque one is an actual prostetic leg...the translucent one is a stocking display...both are flea market finds.

forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-06 8:01 pm   Permalink

Very Cool. I like the leg lamp. Its cool when people throw in thier little oddities to thier Tiki room. Makes it all thier own. But ya! That sure is a difference from the first time you posted till now. The collecting just keeps going, It never stops.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation