FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Before they were Hippies, they looked like....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Before they were Hippies, they looked like....
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 5:09 pm   Permalink

Disclaimer, these are not all hippies, but they all did have long hair in their later years!

I tend to think that Hippies are much like Phish's Trey Anastacio, springing forth from the womb fully formed as hacky-sack playing, djembe thumpin' hippy-dippies, but that obviously is not the case....enjoy!

We begin our journey with a young Tommy Chong, before he was a burn-out...(that's him on the far right, looking suspiciously like Johnny Depp. Oh, by the way, that's NOT a skinny Jack Black in the middle of the picture)

Next we see a young Jerry Garcia...brighted eyed and bushy tailed, fresh as a spring daisy!

Oh Janis Joplin, you could have been the perfect 50's suburban housewife, but NOOOOOHHHHH!!!

Little Jimmy Morrison, folks! (Yeah, he's the nice kid from next door you just paid 50 cents to for mowing your lawn!)

And he brought his friend, Neil Young, (who lives on Elm street, a couple blocks over) to help....

Is that you, Steve "the colonel" cropper? Oh wait, that's you when you were still a brash young Lieutenent!

Steve Tyler, class valedictorian, yearbook commitee, glee club...and no, this dude used to NOT look like a lady...

"Just like a white winged pledge pin" was a song Stevie Nicks wrote while a member of Tau Epsilon sorority. She just slightly modified the lyrics after her first acid hit...

"Oh, that's Gerry Petty's son, Thomas...you know, I sponsored him into the Moose lodge last year"

Willie Nelson, rockabilliest:

Charles Manson, John Birch society, chapter 2135.....

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2009-12-19 18:21 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 5:26 pm   Permalink

Here's a Pre-Hippie George Carlin all clean and neat ~

Here's Jesus before he went Hippie. His head is glowing perhaps he has a fever?

Sorry but I couldn't find an actual photograph.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 5:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-19 17:09, lucas vigor wrote:

We begin our journey with a young Tommy Chong, before he was a burn-out...(that's him on the far right)

Too bad it wasn't a pic with Jimi Hendrix when he was in the line-up! Coulda been a twofer...

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 5:49 pm   Permalink

There is actually a group of people right now engaged in a new translation of the bible. Their concern was that the bible was too liberal, and depictions of Jesus as a peace- and- love hippy was competely wrong. So, some fine theologians from Bob Jones university are making their own bible, one with all those pesky references to love and hippyness removed. Yes, it comes with pictures. Gone are the ones with Jesus wearing the white robes and with the long hair, though. Now they modeled him after John Tesh..(or was it john Ashcroft?) Of course, Charlton Heston is Moses (a no brainer) and they got Bruce Willis to model for the part of Paul of tarsus.
They took out the entire sermon on the mount. They felt this was really the most troubling and problematic part of the whole Bible. They did leave the story in about Jesus turning water into grape juice. Yes, grape juice. The consensus was that wine was too "french", and therefore un-american.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project

As you scroll down and read this link, pay close attention to some of the examples they set forth. At first, I thought it was a joke or hoax, but sadly...it's not! These people are serious about actually taking out parts of the bible that they don't agree with!

So, of course the image of Jesus will be replaced with this:

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050908/050908_tomdelay_vmed.widec.jpg

which in thier opinion, is far better then this:

http://www.called2prayer.com/stjoanofarcpowell/wp-content/gallery/just-jesus/jesus-holding-lamb.gif

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2009-12-19 18:33 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 5:58 pm   Permalink

Hey Mick,

Not all longhairs are Hippys.

get over it all ready.

Jeff(btd)

p.s. your just jealous you don't have any hair.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 6:11 pm   Permalink

Jeff, we are waiting for that incriminating 6th grade photo from YOU, my friend!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 6:39 pm   Permalink

Dude I didn't get my hair cut till I was 3 years old,
Then the man made me get all clean cut and respectable.
But then in 7th grade I started growing it all out again.
But i have never been a Hippy, and never done any incriminating acts.

I'm a good little boy, just look like a dirtbag.
aka, don't judge a book by its cover.
Mr. go out to your truck for band breaks.

wink wink

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 6:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-19 18:39, bigtikidude wrote:
Mr. go out to your truck for band breaks.

wink wink

Jeff(btd)

Nyak
nyak
nyak
nyak!!!!!

Speaking of which, I gotta boogie....I am supposed to play from 8- 12 tonight with a top -forty rock band.....(not looking forward to it!)

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2009-12-19 18:46 ]

talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-20 07:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-19 17:58, bigtikidude wrote:
Hey Mick,

Not all longhairs are Hippys.

get over it all ready.

Jeff(btd)

p.s. your just jealous you don't have any hair.

amen bro. and not all hippies were all peaceful tree huggers who dropped acid and smoked pot. some blew stuff up remember.

[ This Message was edited by: talo ka 2009-12-20 07:46 ]

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-20 08:49 am   Permalink

Big Tiki dude, 1987

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-20 10:34 am   Permalink

That must have been when Jeff was doing commercials for Aqua Velva.

Great thread Lucas!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-20 11:14 am   Permalink

Dear Lucas-
I was just wondering if there is a difference between hippies and long hairs? Also, which is cooler in your eyes A) Stoners or B) Hippies ?

Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-12-20 1:46 pm   Permalink

Here is a wrench in the machine:

Eden Ahbez has sometimes been referred to as the first hippie.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-20 2:29 pm   Permalink

plus I wouldn't say that Stevie was a Hippie.
maybe in a very Vague way she could come off that way.
but She was into coke, not weed right?

Jeff(btd)

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-20 2:43 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2009-12-20 14:46 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation