FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Relight The Night Thanks to everyone! It was a blast!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Relight The Night Thanks to everyone! It was a blast!
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-14 12:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-13 22:10, JOHN-O wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-12 17:41, Beach Bum Scott wrote:
Got a personal tour of the Meet Rack and saw a Tiki there!!!!

BBS, please elaborate on the Meet Rack. My intel informs me this is an S&M themed dive bar.

Was TC hanging out there ?? Man, there's a lot of cool stuff in Tucson.

Soccertiki and I stopped by this bar on Saturday afternoon too. What a Crazy place!!! We will post pics soon!!! And yes..the Tiki, that had been stolen as a fraternity pranks years ago, and placed at The Meet Rack, was returned the night of the event

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 08:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-14 00:22, WooHooWahine wrote:
And yes..the Tiki, was returned the night of the event

that is great news.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 10:32 am   Permalink

OK I wasn't there but I love it when a shot comes together - this is rare:
From Cheeky half post - Dr. Frankentiki takes pic of his bride and sabu (NOTE FLASH or a frame in time):

Then he emails the pic to me while I sit saddened far away....

Anyway looks like you all had a goods time -

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 11:22 am   Permalink

You shoulda been there Jack!

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JackLord
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 11:55 am   Permalink

Man, looks like it was a blast and then some. Great pics.

View Profile of JackLord Send a personal message to JackLord      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thecosmicjester

Posted: 2010-04-15 03:21 am   Permalink

Holy moly that was a fun night! I forgot I brought my camera along until most of the night was over, so all I got were pictures of Thee Swank Bastards and Tikiyaki's second set. And since I was a little blurry, of course a lot of the shots came out a little blurry too. Since I'm picky with the pics, here's my favorites from the night:

The newly lit torches in all their glory

The torches with Szandora in all her glory

A fine group of folks enjoying the lush sounds of The Tikiyaki Orchestra

I have no idea who she was, but I know she had fun getting attacked by a Squid. I sure did.

View Profile of thecosmicjester Send a personal message to thecosmicjester  Goto the website of thecosmicjester     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 03:23 am   Permalink

Ah, that's Christi, my bestest girlfriend.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 08:04 am   Permalink

Christi ROCKS!
HER AND MAGGIE HAVE GOT TO BE THE COOLEST LADIES IN ARIZONA!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 09:08 am   Permalink

You are too sweet LLT!

zond2
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-17 11:30 pm   Permalink

So finally got my pics up on line.
There's a bit over 60 shots.
You can see them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40438868@N00/sets/72157623719392137/
Thought about putting a slideshow on youtube but the soundtrack would be problematical.

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-04-18 12:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-17 23:30, zond2 wrote:
So finally got my pics up on line.
There's a bit over 60 shots.
You can see them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40438868@N00/sets/72157623719392137/
Thought about putting a slideshow on youtube but the soundtrack would be problematical.

Wow! Lots of great shots. Thanks for sharing.

This is one of my favorites:

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-18 02:02 am   Permalink

Some great shots Zond2! Thanks for posting.

zond2
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-18 09:27 am   Permalink

Thanks!
Feel free to leave comments and identify folks you recognize in the pics
I put together a slide show, set to music of the photos, it's 64MB (mpeg1) in size so if you're interested PM me and I'll send you a link to download it from.

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 10:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

Soccertiki and I stopped by this bar on Saturday afternoon too. What a Crazy place!!! We will post pics soon!!! And yes..the Tiki, that had been stolen as a fraternity pranks years ago, and placed at The Meet Rack, was returned the night of the event

I've been to the Meet Rack several times over the years on my trips for Spring Training -- sadly, this was the last year for Major League Baseball teams training in Tucson. (You can see my profile of the Meet Rack
here.) During my last visit in late March I chatted with Jim (AKA "God") about the provenance of that tiki and the Kon Tiki, and he didn't mention anything about it being repatriated, so I'm guessing that was a fairly last minute agreement?

What a great event, wish I could have been there.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 12:00 pm   Permalink

Details are sketchy, but we think that the interview we gave to the AZ Daily Star mentioning the history of the tiki, combined with a little phone call placed by Max Cannon may have persuaded God to 'do the right thing'.
We plan on making a commemorative plaque which will hang next to the tiki, when we figure out just where to hang the tiki.
A Big ole Thanks to Jim and the Meet Rack!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation