FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Exotica 2003 in Chicago: Who's coming?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Exotica 2003 in Chicago: Who's coming?
kongtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-25 06:43 am   Permalink

With Oasis next week and Hukilau just around the corner, it's almost time to start thinking about Chicago in August. By way of helping local venues anticipate how many of you to expect, let us know if you're thinking about showing up. You'll be glad you did...

(And check out the newly updated Exotica 2003 site over at
http://www.konakai.com/exotica )

[ This Message was edited by: kongtiki on 2003-05-02 09:21 ]

View Profile of kongtiki Send a personal message to kongtiki  Goto the website of kongtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-25 07:20 am   Permalink

I am pretty sure I will be there! So 1.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-25 12:15 pm   Permalink

i will be there with my wahine in tow.....we'll prolly be bringing at least 4 other non-tiki central folks as well!!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-25 12:52 pm   Permalink

I vill be there...(unless some b-movie producer hires my sorry ass to be the shooter of yet another summer celluloid master piece)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-04-25 1:13 pm   Permalink

It's my kind of town, so count me in!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-25 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

(unless some b-movie producer hires my sorry ass to be the shooter of yet another summer celluloid master piece)

Jeez, Sven, tone down the vanity, wouldja?

I'm working on arrangements to be there, with some Chicago friends too.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ken_miller4
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-25 2:19 pm   Permalink

Of all the events this summer, this one is the closest to us, so we'll almost certianly be there.

I just wish we knew about this a bit earlier! We are already heading to Chicago May 9-11 to catch a rock show and check out Hala Kahiki and Trader Vic's, and now it looks like we'll be back again three months later. Oh well, it's a short trip, so I don't mind making it twice.

View Profile of ken_miller4 Send a personal message to ken_miller4  Email ken_miller4 Goto the website of ken_miller4     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ken_miller4
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-25 2:21 pm   Permalink

Of all the events this summer, this one is the closest to us, so we'll almost certianly be there.

I just wish we knew about this a bit earlier! We are already heading to Chicago May 9-11 to catch a rock show and check out Hala Kahiki and Trader Vic's, and now it looks like we'll be back again three months later. Oh well, it's a short trip, so I don't mind making it twice.

View Profile of ken_miller4 Send a personal message to ken_miller4  Email ken_miller4 Goto the website of ken_miller4     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 09:15 am   Permalink

Kiliki and I will be there. I will try to get another friend from Minneapolis to come over and join the party.

We love Chicago. If I didn't have a daughter keeping me here, that's where I would be living.

And we can go back through Lowell Indiana and see what great stuff that antique store has!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 1:06 pm   Permalink

Chicagoooo Chicaaagoooo, that tawdlin' town! (sp?)

Yep. It's only 8 - 9 hour drive from Toronto. In Canadian terms, that's close as hell. We'll be there!

Gonna cancel for the Hukilau though. Anyone want my room?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 7:57 pm   Permalink

Making plans too, what about artist showing/sales?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kongtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-28 1:47 pm   Permalink

Due to the decentralized nature of the Exotica events (they're all over town at different times and days) there has, as yet, been no specific plans made for a gathering of artists or a planned sale. There is a gallery show in development, for which we hope to have more information soon, as well as a sizeable tiki presence at a local all-night flea market. We're also going to see if we can locate a centralized exhibitor space to little swap meet and sale, but again, these things aren't as locked down yet as one might like. Hope your summer planning still goes well...

View Profile of kongtiki Send a personal message to kongtiki  Goto the website of kongtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 7:24 pm   Permalink

I think that TurboGod and I will be road triping to Chicago

Powerofthetiki

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-02 02:24 am   Permalink

If only to see the man who danced with his own wife, I am definitely going to try for this one. At the very least, perhaps Mrs. O'Leary's cow will be in evidence.

Eurgh, I'm having Judy Garland show-tune hot flashes.

Anyway, I was born in Illinois. I owe the darned state a visit at least once in my life. And although budgetary restrictions may result in my sleeping in a cardboard box under someone's hedge, still...

Wonder if anyone's planning on driving from California? Hmmm? Do I hear a road trip, I'm hoping???

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-02 08:50 am   Permalink

Hi, my name is Dawn and I'm a newbie to this site. I would love to attend Exotica 2003. Could someone let me know some more information? I live in the burbs and have frequented Hala kahiki. As a matter of fact, Hala Kahiki is right behind my parents house. I collect all types of older barware my favorite of course, tiki. I would love to make a home bar and any helpful hints that you could throw my way would be of great help.
Thanks!!

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation