FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki HELP me tiki-fy my new bicycle
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
HELP me tiki-fy my new bicycle
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-07 7:35 pm   Permalink

Not to derail, but I'm doin it! I rode my bicycle with a trailer at Midnight Madness one year (07?). I loaded the trailer with a lighted palm tree and a bucket of Mai Tais in plastic pineapples. I had to ditch the trailer due a mechanical & call for back up to get home. next weekend was Oasis.
I'll try to get a pic of my neighbors rickshaw that has bamboo and the same fabric as my lounge cushions.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-07 8:11 pm   Permalink

Here is the pic of a bike near the house.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-07 9:12 pm   Permalink

Derail away. That trike is pretty damn sweet! Does it have a bench in the back for a bartender, or is it purely aesthetic?

View Profile of TikiTie Send a personal message to TikiTie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-09 09:25 am   Permalink

I agree...nice rig...love the roof!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-20 6:04 pm   Permalink

So here is the next step in the TikiTrike:

Two coconuts drilled-out (and filled with lights)to reveal Port and Starboard when riding at night.
I haven't put them on yet, as I haven't made the cargo box to attach them to. I don't know if I'm in love with them, though. Does anyone have a better idea?

View Profile of TikiTie Send a personal message to TikiTie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 3:36 pm   Permalink

I haven't worked on the trike for awhile, but here is a picture of a random "tiki" from the last Tour de Fat in Ft. Collins.

We're just starting to get our costumes set for this year. I'll post pictures later in August when it starts to come together.

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 1:29 pm   Permalink

Nice.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 03:45 am   Permalink

Search for an old article on making pipe look like bamboo in making tiki. They sculpted body putty into ridges and notched them with a 3x5 card. When it dried and was painted it makes metal pipes look exactly like bamboo. This would work great on a bike frame.

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 8:02 pm   Permalink

I was searching for the bond-o sculpting and found this: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=6800&forum=7/&start=0 Check out further along in the thread, and they do an AMAZING job with pvc pipe. Here is a great link that illustrates the faux-bamboo-with-pvc method: http://www.instructables.com/id/Faux-Bamboo/#step1

Thanks for the heads up! I can't wait to try one of the methods.

[ This Message was edited by: 2012-08-20 08:10 ]

Bloody Good
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-09 08:33 am   Permalink

On CL right now in Portland. Sweet Ride!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/bfs/3206130882.html

View Profile of Bloody Good Send a personal message to Bloody Good  Goto the website of Bloody Good     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-02 07:49 am   Permalink

I'd still love to see more TC-ers bikes! I found this little thread http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19150&forum=12&hilite=bike , but here are some of the choice pictures:

TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-11 10:50 am   Permalink

I figured that I'd post a few more bikes from around the interwebs since I haven't been working too much on mine. Maybe they'll inspire a few TCers.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-12 8:20 pm   Permalink

Join the club.... http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29198&forum=5

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-18 07:42 am   Permalink

As tempting as that would be, I already have a garage full of bikes! The green tiki headlight though...

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-18 08:52 am   Permalink

So, apparently you don't only have to use bamboo as decoration, it can be structural as well.
Saw this article on building bikes out of bamboo:
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/lawrenceville-man-to-make-bamboo-bikes-666375/
Here's a How To:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Build-a-Bamboo-Bicycle/

I knew it was strong and still used as scaffolding, but a bike?

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation