FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Ren Clark's Polynesian Village, Ft. Worth, TX (restaurant)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ren Clark's Polynesian Village, Ft. Worth, TX (restaurant)
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-29 08:05 am   Permalink

Name:Ren Clark's Polynesian Village
Type:restaurant
Street:6451 Camp Bowie Boulevard
City:Ft. Worth
State:TX
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Ren Clark's Polynesian Village was located in the Western Hills Hotel in Ft. Worth, TX.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-29 08:10 am   Permalink

I found these over the weekend & was surprised to see that there was no thread started yet in "Locating Tiki" for this place. So here's a start:

I don't have any images of the location itself - post 'em here if you do!

Edited to add that these are a set of Salt & Pepper shakers - not mugs
I'll keep lookin' for a mug like 'em in the wild, though....a tough find!

[ This Message was edited by: croe67 2009-12-29 15:20 ]

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Kahu
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-29 08:42 am   Permalink

You lucky dawg! Nice mugs to find in the wild. There is a running thread on the Polynesian Village elsewhere - just search Ren Clark for this past summer where another lucky dawg got Clark's home tiki bar...

GK

Tied by my Mai Tai...

View Profile of Grand Kahu Send a personal message to Grand Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-29 12:20 pm   Permalink

Wow! Fantastic find. Great mug image of the logo Tiki. Thanks for posting those.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-29 2:09 pm   Permalink

I have a printed cloth napkin from Ren Clark's PV.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Kahu
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-24 10:25 am   Permalink

A recent eBay find after waiting for over a year to spot another...love the border design, apparently adapted (or the other way around) from some of the graphic designs for the Polynesian Village's advertisements, etc.

Tied by my Mai Tai...

View Profile of Grand Kahu Send a personal message to Grand Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 6:24 pm   Permalink

I recently discovered these images of the Menu in a Nestle chocolate company library archive.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 7:34 pm   Permalink

Wholly Sh*@*!

Great stuff Abstract, have never seen these images before. Where the heck did you say they are from? A Nestle website?

Really awesome find. Keniki is going to be interested in these.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 8:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks DC, this archive is in the Nestle' Library at Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration.

I have have found the holy grail of old restaurant menu treasure. There are 9,704 actual menus. They have been archiving Menus from restaurants for years.

The bad news is that only a hand full are available on-line. The real menus are all there waiting for a diligent dedicated urban archaeologist to photograph and document. It would make a great expedition for one of us. We have the map now who's up for this quest I wonder?

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-02-10 8:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-10 20:14, abstractiki wrote:
I have have found the holy grail of old restaurant menu treasure.

Very nice work Abstractiki but no so fast on the Grail claim. I'd say the Ren Clark's Polynesian Village Drink Menu would be the Holy Grail of menus. Once we know what was in the Severed Head mug then we can rest... a little .

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 9:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks BB, I'm actually not that familiar with this tiki temple. I meant to say the menu collection was the grail of all menu collections. I can't imagine a bigger one. But now I must find this drink menu and recipe you speak of.

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 10:11 pm   Permalink

Abstract,

For more info on the Polynesian Village, consult this thread.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33101&forum=5&start=0

I did a quick check of the menu inventory in the Nestle collection at Cornell and there are lots of Tiki places on file there. Great that the Polynesian Village was one of the menus on the image list, again great find. I used to have some friends who went to school there, but they are on the west coast now. Need to find some up-state explorers to check it out. Wonder what it takes to access the archives?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 10:41 pm   Permalink

One more post for tonight. Found a photo on-line reporting to be Ren Clark and one of his Tikis in the construction stage of the Polynesian Village restaurant.

DC

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 01:08 am   Permalink

Great find, Abstract! This menu must be so hard to come by because of the short life span of this amazing place.
Design-wise, it's kinda all over the place. Wonder if Ren did it this way, he has the copyright.

it is hard to say if this is the same man as above, where he is smiling so much, and here it's all frowns:

But it could be, with the hat covering the bald forehead. I got this from Milan Guanko's scrap book.

Yes, a cocktail menu with the headhunter mug would be the bomb...
-and, as I always have wished, a photo of a stylish 60s babe sipping from it.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-02-11 01:10 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 09:26 am   Permalink

That cocktail menu was on Ebay about a year ago. Did it not get posted here?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation