[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Space Alien Tikis
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Space Alien Tikis
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 7:48 pm   Permalink

The only tiki mugs I like are ones that look vaugely alien...
And that's probably enough of an excuse to post something...

My namesake the Martian Tiki God and a suspiciously similar Shag piece

This Hannes Bok illustration reminds me of martian Maori statues in ruins like Easter Island's.

Picard should have visited the South Seas....

Obviously primitive south seas gods are from outer space!

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 11:38 pm   Permalink

Looking at certain tikis it's easy to imagine them as interpretations of beings in space suits. And I have amused myself with thoughts of tiki looking spacemen returning to Earth because the coconut trees they took home with them from their first visit here have died and they can no longer make their favorite drinks.

But I have to agree with a comment I read in
Skeptical Inquirer once that the theory that artifacts such as tikis were inspired (or built) by extraterrestrials is an insult to the cultures that created them. Such a notion essentially says "These savages could never have thought of something so creative or accomplished something so advanced on their own."

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-31 08:59 am   Permalink

Welcome to Tiki Central,Martian Tiki...

I beg to differ on the Tiki on Mars/Cydonia region..
Far from a tiki
it is a signal to us and a key to tetrahedral geometry/hyper-dimensional physics
when viewed with the other anomalous features in that area
it is actually composed of features
both humanoid and leonine
depending on which half you flip...
Also, it is very precise and symmetrical in key areas
unlike tikis
which have a slightly irregular balance
that gives it that appeal....

Check out Richard C. Hoagland's new book
Dark Mission
or his tome on the Monuments of Mars....

While i will remain indecisive on the planetary influence/seeding/mining/genetic engineering-guiding evolution
(ie: the writing of Zecharia Sitchin and others)
i do remain adamant about the non-tikiness of the cydonia mars face...

Did you know that there's teeth/pupils shown on that structure?
and there's an area that appears to have honeycombed structure
Almost like it was a piece of art/faith
AND a complex/temple/headquarters....

Go cheggitout and welcome to TC!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-31 09:06 am   Permalink

http://www.dudeman.net/siriusly/ufo/art/ancientastronauts.jpg

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-31 12:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-31 08:59, little lost tiki wrote:
Welcome to Tiki Central,Martian Tiki...

I beg to differ on the Tiki on Mars/Cydonia region..
Far from a tiki
it is a signal to us and a key to tetrahedral geometry/hyper-dimensional physics
when viewed with the other anomalous features in that area
it is actually composed of features
both humanoid and leonine
depending on which half you flip...
Also, it is very precise and symmetrical in key areas
unlike tikis
which have a slightly irregular balance
that gives it that appeal....

Check out Richard C. Hoagland's new book
Dark Mission
or his tome on the Monuments of Mars....

While i will remain indecisive on the planetary influence/seeding/mining/genetic engineering-guiding evolution
(ie: the writing of Zecharia Sitchin and others)
i do remain adamant about the non-tikiness of the cydonia mars face...

Did you know that there's teeth/pupils shown on that structure?
and there's an area that appears to have honeycombed structure
Almost like it was a piece of art/faith
AND a complex/temple/headquarters....

Go cheggitout and welcome to TC!

Thank you for the welcome. I dabbled in Cydonia research enough a couple of years ago to get a namedrop in a book on the subject - and have a lifelong facination with the subject.

But the recent high resolution photos largely put an end to things like teeth in the image and the enhanced pupil that looked very impressive on unsolved mysteries 20 years ago seems to be just a lump now. I know the Society for Planetary SETI folks seem to have lost interest in many if not ALL of the structures that in the 80's had potential. (much of the "city")
Hoagland of course thinks otherwise.

For more reading
http://spsr.utsi.edu/articles/index.html

Myself I have a knack for spotting patterns (no communist secret messages yet) and found an almost but not quite grid similar to another grid using the tetrahedral grid - at which point I realized I could probably do anything with enough of a margin of error to make it work. My grid was multiple occurances of 1:2 right triangles - the previous grid was based on 1:square root of 2 right triangles. But again while it worked beautifully in photoshop doing the math with actual pixels - not enough for me.

I actually got a letter Hoagland wrote to Star Trek's Gene Roddenberry allegedly from a third parties estate sale on ebay asking about the Enterprise's technology! I should try to find it....

Gene Rodenberry also, like an above poster wrote - considered it insulting to think aliens built the pyramids - and that us noble humans are quite capable of building all of the ancient structures Chariots of the Gods attributes to alien influence.

my grid info
http://www.martiantiki.com/face1.JPG
http://www.martiantiki.com/face2.JPG
http://www.martiantiki.com/face3.JPG

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-31 5:50 pm   Permalink

i had heard that the new mars shots were actually WORSE
20 years AFTER the first shots...
Plus all the manipulation of images previous and present
overexposure
underexposure
photoshopped and airbrushed
even sending different images for one ID number
points to something

so don't lose hope....
There's too many
as above-so below
similarities with structural layout
(when viewed from above)
to earthworks and temple/pyramid s on our planet...
And how do explain the 19.5 areas on planets
that resonate more energy than absorbed,,,
I'm gonna stay in the camp of
skeptical believer!
Here's some alien tikis on an Exploration party
from a painting a few years back
for you to enjoy!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 8:41 pm   Permalink

that is a facinating painting. Any additional information? (Edit - I see it is most likely your work)

Found this while looking for material for a useful reply.
An Easter Island Statue on Mars

from
http://www.marsanomalies.com/faces

The highest resolution image of the face MOC image E03-00824 has a resolution of 2 meters per pixel.

The 1976 viking images had 20m per pixel.
http://marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov/mgs/msss/camera/images/moc_5_24_01/face/index.html

Yes the earlier MGS photos were something of a joke - anyone interested do a search for catbox with this subject.
It probably says a lot about the media that probably none of them questioned how poor and distorted the catbox image was when dismissing the topic. I downloaded the Raw File probably within an hour of it going on the nternet in 97 and it was upside down and stretched out had virtually no contrast. And that's what got on the news the next day too.

[ This Message was edited by: martian-tiki 2010-01-02 22:20 ]

Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 9:10 pm   Permalink

LLT you need to be a guest on Art Bell

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 10:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-02 21:10, Mongoloid wrote:
LLT you need to be a guest on Art Bell

Guest?! Mongoloid, LLT should be a topic on Art Bell

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-03 12:10 am   Permalink

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-03 11:02 am   Permalink

As much as I like to believe "we are not alone," I don't go searching for visions of aliens in Martian landscapes - nor do I look for bunnies in the clouds! I'm a "see it to believe it" kinda gal and unless an actual alien (or God) were to smack me upside the head I'm afraid I will only enjoy the IDEA of Gods and Aliens! I would REALLY like to believe there are dragons and they're friendly and I could have one as a companion and we could fly all over the planet together! Perhaps in the "afterlife?"

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-03 11:32 am   Permalink

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-03 11:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-03 11:32, GROG wrote:

THIS would make me believe!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-04 7:17 pm   Permalink

These space alien Tikis are from the Little Hut in Vero Beach, FL.

The menu art posted by Puamana.

They also look like the same work as the ones done for the Luau by the artist Lewis Van Dercar as shown here.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 11:52 am   Permalink

PLUS, since Tiki Kiliki made the discovery of the murals at the Tiki Motel Lake George being by Van DerCar, it can now be assumed as fairly certain that he also sculpted the stone Tikis at that Motel, the one in the foreground of this brochure photo (also see BOT page 206) bearing his trademark "Alien/ modern primitive" style:

I wish I could remember the move to do screen capture on a Mac, someone at the Apple store told me and I can't find the info, does anyone know here !!? I want to show a still from the Van DerCar nudie on the Something Weird "Fiend of Dope Island" DVD, the exterior of his house shows a couple of Tiki-esque sculptures.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation