FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » OHANA 2010- Official Room Crawl Thread!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
OHANA 2010- Official Room Crawl Thread!!!
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-08 11:44 am   Permalink

Aloha all!!

Well, we're hard at work making this years Ohana kick even more amounts of ass, and as those of you who were there know, the crawl was one of the most kickingest parts of the weekend (Those who are joining us for the first time this year, just wait...its out of this world)

So, of course we're gonna do it again!!

Hep should be on here soon to help, but in the mean time, if you're interested in hosting, just pop a reply on here. We'll work out times & drinks & everything else in the coming weeks.

Super huge mahalos to those who hosted last year (holy Aloha-spirit!!), and I hope to see all of you (and maybe some new folks as well!) hosting this year.

See ya at the Lake!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2010-01-08 11:45 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-08 1:29 pm   Permalink

We want to host!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-08 4:23 pm   Permalink

the md/dc/va/pa contingent says ohyezzzzzzzzzzz

plus rugbymatt's inevitable cigar lanai, of course.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-09 2:50 pm   Permalink

Totally in for a repeat. I think we even have the same room...

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-09 9:06 pm   Permalink

We're getting a smaller room this year, so no hosting for me and Andy.

I will, however, offer up my services as a bar-back to any of the rooms that need some help.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 08:48 am   Permalink

I think I just want you as my personal valet & mixologist, Chip. Follow me around all weekend with a travel bar... How cheap are you willing to work?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 1:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-11 08:48, Bargoyle wrote:
I think I just want you as my personal valet & mixologist, Chip. Follow me around all weekend with a travel bar... How cheap are you willing to work?

Will work for Rum!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-14 6:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I’ve offered to help Bargoyle organize the room crawl for Ohana 2010. We hope to make it even better than last year’s -- which was pretty awesome, as far as I can remember.

The basic structure will remain the same: Three room crawl blocks, alternating with band sets by the pool.

However, we are considering one big change in grouping the room blocks by location. For example, all the main-building rooms may be grouped in one block, with poolside building rooms in another.

This should help to reduce the number of trips you’ll have to make up and down the hill between the buildings. Plus, it will prevent the possibility of some hosts being the “odd room out” if the rest of the rooms in their block are in the other building.

We also plan to have the room crawl cards prepared when you check in at Ohana, so that you’ll have all the details you need not to miss a room -- or cocktail!

If you wish to host an Ohana room crawl suite, send me an email at
Hep@LuauAtTheLake.com. Please write “Ohana Room Crawl” in the subject line.

Please include your name, cocktail selection and a cell phone number where you can be reached while in Lake George. I’ll also need to know if you’re in the main or poolside building, or if you have one of the main-building suites with an outdoor patio. You can check with the Tiki Resort to get that info at (518) 668-5744.

I’ll post updates here and also keep hosts informed on the room crawl plans via email.

Mahalo for taking part in the Ohana room crawl. I look forward to seeing you over cocktails at the Tiki in Lake George!

View Profile of Hep Send a personal message to Hep      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-21 12:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-08 16:23, Johnny Dollar wrote:
the md/dc/va/pa contingent says ohyezzzzzzzzzzz

plus rugbymatt's inevitable cigar lanai, of course.

I believe you meant "incomparable cigar lanai", right?

This year we will be smoking purely for enjoyment and not just to keep warm though. Plus they will help keep the mosquitos away.

[ This Message was edited by: rugbymatt 2010-01-21 12:25 ]

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-29 03:49 am   Permalink

Primo Kimo and the Punch Machine. Waaaaay over the top.

I was just looking at the glasses we collected from the last one. All intact.
I remember being in johnman's room as the last stop of the night and I said to him "Man, I through Rain was gonna be here. I really wanted to meet him."

"He's right next to you."
That was a cool moment.

Crawl, both visionaries and vassals! Crawl like the wind, I say!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-29 05:02 am   Permalink

Top notch room crawl.

Each and every one of them over the top and spectacular.

Really looking forward to doing it all over again, in the warmth of June!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-30 08:35 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who has stepped up to host for the Ohana 2010 room crawl. Assuming that we'll have a total of 12 rooms like last year, we are halfway there!

Here are the hosts to date:

Leisure Master and Birdgirl
Professor Pineapple
VelveteenLounge and CaptainQuad
Waitiki
The FOM Kokoru chapter
The FOM Kon-Tiki chapter

Again, the room crawl blocks will be determined by which building the host room is in at the Tiki.

If you wish to host one of the remaining rooms, send me an email at
Hep@LuauAtTheLake.com. Please write “Ohana Room Crawl” in the subject line.

Please include your name, cocktail selection and a cell phone number where you can be reached while in Lake George. I’ll also need to know if you’re in the main or poolside building, or if you have one of the main-building suites with an outdoor patio. You can check with the Tiki Resort to get that info at (518) 668-5744.

View Profile of Hep Send a personal message to Hep      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 12:32 pm   Permalink

We had a blast serving and hanging out with everyone last year... Count the Kahiki Chapter in again!!

[ This Message was edited by: Capt'n Skully 2010-02-06 12:33 ]

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-07 08:34 am   Permalink

We have some exciting Ohana Room Crawl news. The fine folks at Folly Cove Rum have offered to provide us with official room crawl glasses!

This generous offer from Folly Cove, a returning sponsor, means that room crawl hosts don’t have to purchase their own cocktail glassware. Instead, you can spend your money on more important things like booze, garnishes, room décor and, um, booze.

The commemorative glasses will feature the Ohana Luau at the Lake 2010 and Folly Cove logos, as well as the names of the various room crawl rooms printed on them.

Each person attending Ohana will receive one room crawl glass. We hope that this will keep you from having to juggle a number of glasses from different rooms, like last year.

We are working on a system for rinsing your glass between rooms. If all else fails, there’s always the pool. (Kidding!)

A question for the room crawl hosts: What size and style of glass do you think would work best? Please share your thoughts on this thread or via the above email address. (Personally, I’m thinking an Old-Fashioned glass might do the trick.)

In other Ohana Room Crawl news, two more rooms have been claimed, courtesy of the FOM Kahiki and Red Palms chapters. That leaves just four more rooms available!

rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 09:45 am   Permalink

Those guys at Ryan & Wood Distilleries are awesome!

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation