FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Thrifting for Tiki in the urban jungle
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Thrifting for Tiki in the urban jungle
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 11:15 am   Permalink

Atta boy, Trav! Keep hittin'em!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 11:19 am   Permalink

Thrift stores around here kind of look like this:

Islander--$2.00

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 11:37 am   Permalink

Ouch! Talk about salt in the wound!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 1:24 pm   Permalink

Our thrifts are dry in the winter but they do pay out from time to time. Found a while back at a thrift near me in the village of PawPaw......for real. Mai Kai drum mug $3.99. This is the stuff that keeps me looking

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 1:28 pm   Permalink

Yea that find right there kind of trumps my last 3 years of finds

so...I don't feel bad its snowing so much there..hahah

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 1:46 pm   Permalink

[Deleted]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-02-20 14:27 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 1:58 pm   Permalink

That was my fault but I listed the drum mug in Tiki Finds back in 2010. Just a friendly back and forth between fellow thrifters.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-20 13:24, uncle trav wrote:
Our thrifts are dry in the winter but they do pay out from time to time. Found a while back at a thrift near me in the village of PawPaw......for real. Mai Kai drum mug $3.99. This is the stuff that keeps me looking

Awesome find and awesome mug!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 2:00 pm   Permalink

Why don't you read the title of this thread "Thrifting for Tiki in the Urban Jungle" and then get a clue.

Maybe the reason you start so many new threads is because you DON'T read or follow basic posting guidelines. Even unspoken/unwritten it seems EVERY other member but you can figure them out.

Your menu ain't no big score. If I wanted to I could have bought it off Etsy just like you did days before you did but I already have 2 of those menu in MUCH better condition so why would I? I didn't start a brand new thread on my menus when I found them because I care very little about paper finds. I just give them away or resell them. I am more into mugs.

You wonder why people don't contribute to your threads/get back to you about your collecting book..well hate to tell you but you come off like a dick and people who have been around on these boards for awhile--or heck even those considered "newbies" don't want to deal with more dickish behavior.

Uncle Trav and I have been forum friends for let's see 7 years just about (holy crap Trav!) and its people like him (not you) that make posting on the Collecting Tiki section fun....because they share stuff without rubbing anyone the wrong way.

Find stuff..post stuff..add your 2cents to threads that you can but READ and post in the correct places that things go..ain't that hard.

This isn't your personal blog..its a forum.

I really could care less but if you feel so inclined go ahead back to that "throwing tantrum" portion of your posting if you like. I am guessing you are a middle aged man stuck in a land locked state whose only tiki connection is Ebay and Etsy. Being "stuck" here in California within driving distance of 10+ tiki bars thriting at stores with shelves full of tiki swag I sympathize with your situation.

But hey thanks for tainting this fun thread here with more of your dickish behavior.

*Cyber high five* to you there guy!

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 2:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-20 13:58, uncle trav wrote:
That was my fault but I listed the drum mug in Tiki Finds back in 2010. Just a friendly back and forth between fellow thrifters.

Ain't your "fault" or mine my friend...can you believe we have "known" each other for 7 years? CRAZY!!

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 2:20 pm   Permalink

WAY CRAZY !!!

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 2:27 pm   Permalink

Responded to SandraDee in a PM to keep it off the forum. Sorry for the interruption. Back to your regular posting.

UncleTrav, I didn't mean to sound like I was scolding you. You got caught in the crossfire. My bad, I'm deleting my original post.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 2:30 pm   Permalink

Jeepers, Trav! All I've ever found in the thrifts, around here, was a rocks glass from the Hukelau in Chicopee.

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 3:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-20 14:30, Big Kahuna wrote:
Jeepers, Trav! All I've ever found in the thrifts, around here, was a rocks glass from the Hukelau in Chicopee.

BK you do quite well with your finds. Sure you have your slim months but looking back on 2013 you found tons of great stuff!

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 3:43 pm   Permalink

BK, someday this winter is gonna end and then the warm weather brings out the spring cleaning and garage sales! I just wait for the last week in April for my favorite antique fair to start. That one has always been good to me and I know you have some good ones up your way.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation