FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 4:39 pm   Permalink

Kate,
I'm so thankful to have known you. I enjoyed all our good conversations at the chops, and different occasions through the years. We shared many laughs, and tears along the way too. I admired your passion for everything you loved, and the strength that you had as a woman. I feel priveledged to have been able to help be there for you even if it was just a small part. I'm so proud that you have taught us all such a lesson on how to live life, and to be strong. I'll really miss you. Until we meet again...

Love,
Christina

xxx x ooo o

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kinikilu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-24 6:37 pm   Permalink

RIP...i only met you in passing but you made an impression. from one of the lucky ones, mahalo

View Profile of kinikilu Send a personal message to kinikilu  Email kinikilu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 9:54 pm   Permalink

The Urban Archaeologist at work.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 02:37 am   Permalink

Urban archeologist is right, and what a dedicated one! She is probably the only person who went fully thru with this:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29661&forum=1&vpost=405218

She called it silly, but it really proves how much she loved to just go out there and find Tiki temples and their remnants. She had been to all of them, and then some. She really had the bug. Boris, you were lucky to accompany her on many of her expeditions.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 09:27 am   Permalink

Selector Lopaka sends out Love! I like to think you are now a part of The Big Luau in the Sky! Blessings to you Tiki Kate!

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 4:31 pm   Permalink

I have been watching this thread from the begining, but I really had no idea what to say.

This is heartbreaking.

I suppose I had deluded myself into thinking that this was something that she could beat. She certainly gave it her best try, and for that you have to admire and respect her. But when I saw the word "hospice" in Buzzy's earlier post my heart sank. And then just a few days later she was gone. I can only hope that her suffering was not too severe and that she has found some peace.

Well, if there is a tiki heaven, or at the very least tikis in heaven, then Kate has her hands full there hobnobbing with Captain Cook to King Kamehahmeha to Donn Beach to Eli Hedley. I hope she is learning cocktail tips from Don Beach and Ray Buhen and has probably already organized a Chop.

I hope to see you again one day, Kate.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 4:44 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-25 6:20 pm   Permalink

From the lovely posts here, it seems like she lived a very full life albeit too brief. she certainly had good taste

my heartfelt condolences

View Profile of Bau Send a personal message to Bau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs Tiki Diablo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-25 8:37 pm   Permalink

Kate always made me laugh, I never saw her in a bad mood. Can't honestly say that about too many people, including myself . We will miss you Kate honey, that is for sure.

View Profile of Mrs Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Mrs Tiki Diablo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 9:12 pm   Permalink

I was so shocked to see this, I am deeply saddened. There are no words.

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 05:35 am   Permalink

I am saddened by this news. Was hoping to meet her someday

"Kate, I know you're in a better place. My mom passed on Monday the 20th, so I know you're in GREAT company.

You are at peace now, and to all those who knew you...
THAT is truly a blessing.

in Love and light,
Rose(red)Marston

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SDshirtman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-26 5:13 pm   Permalink

I just read about Kate's passing.
I didnt know her well but I got the chance to meet her at monkeymans chop about a year ago.
We sat next to each other on the porch and talked for a few hours while carving.
She was a very nice and outgoing person.
My condolences to her friends and family.

View Profile of SDshirtman Send a personal message to SDshirtman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 7:34 pm   Permalink

Just read this about Kate. I'm shocked and feel so sad to hear this news. Kate was always so fun to be around and a true go-getter if I ever met one. I am happy to have known her and feel sad that I didn't spend more time getting to know her even more. She will be missed. My condolences go to her family. Awful news... just awful.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 8:35 pm   Permalink

I always enjoyed her shirt thread so much. She really was good at the hunt and sharing her finds with everyone. Thanks to all who have shared their memories and photos of Tiki Kate. My condolences to all of you who knew and loved her.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-26 9:45 pm   Permalink

So sad...whenever I head a Crowded House song I always think of Kate. Now she is RIP and pain free..

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation