FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Trader Jim's 50th Mai-Tai Night 15 Jan @ Trader Vic's - London
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Trader Jim's 50th Mai-Tai Night 15 Jan @ Trader Vic's - London
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-10 4:39 pm   Permalink

ALOHA from Frimley! Bit short notice but...

As a ‘Sophisticated Suburban Savage’ who is about to hit fifty...Yep, that’s right, the BIG 5-0 (Frimley style not Hawaii!)...I thought it’d be much more appropriate to celebrate the fact that I’ve been around for half a century with a quiet, quality Mai-Tai in Trader Vic’s.

The alternative was to have a party at the local Oddfellows Hall where I could embarrass myself on the dancefloor, with the distinct possibility of putting my back out to boot! Not for me thank you very much!!

If you’d like to head on over to Trader Vic’s and join me that’d be swell, so hopefully I’ll see you in the Tiki Room FRIDAY 15 JANUARY, we'll be there all night so turn up when you fancy. MAHALO!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

[ This Message was edited by: POCKETIKI 2010-01-10 16:40 ]

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blue.octopus
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-11 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-10 16:39, POCKETIKI wrote:

If you’d like to head on over to Trader Vic’s and join me that’d be swell, so hopefully I’ll see you in the Tiki Room FRIDAY 15 JANUARY, we'll be there all night so turn up when you fancy. MAHALO!

Hi Jim - a big hello from andrew (blue.octopus).
I hope the big 5-0 goes well and wish you all the best.
i'd like to stop by and share a Mai-Tai with you but timing is not great - our dog was very very ill over Christmas and we have a followup appointment this Friday evening at the vetinary hospital.
however if we do get back early enough and we're not too tired we'll try to stop by.

best regards
Andrew

View Profile of blue.octopus Send a personal message to blue.octopus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 2:57 pm   Permalink

Aloha Andrew! Sorry to hear about your dog, hope the little fellow gets better. It'd be great to see you again if you can pop on over but if not we'll have a good excuse for another BRITIKI get together!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-13 12:23 am   Permalink

ahhh Trader Jim - too late notice for us i'm afraid! have plans in north london...

all the best and happy berfday for the big 5-0!

catch ya soon.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-13 04:11 am   Permalink

We'll be there. Mai Tai's all round!

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 1:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-13 04:11, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
We'll be there. Mai Tai's all round!

YEAH! You're only saying that 'cause you know I owe you one!!! Look forward to seeing you guys again.

Trader Jim - Make ours a Mai-Tai!

POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 1:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-13 00:23, harro wrote:
ahhh Trader Jim - too late notice for us i'm afraid! have plans in north london...

all the best and happy berfday for the big 5-0!

catch ya soon.

No problem guys see you at the next BRITIKI jamboree...whenever that'll be!!

tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 01:26 am   Permalink

Happy Bday Trader Jim!

See you tonight for drinks.

Mahalo

Steve and Simone

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 04:51 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Racer! Looking forward to a good night at Trader Vic's as I've got some Tiki virgins from my old punk days coming along...it should be a blast! Half a century old and still drinking Mai-Tais and listening to The Cramps & The Lurkers...I think I'm doin' alright!!

See you later for Mai-Tai TR - Trader Jim (Make yours what I'm having!).

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 04:56 am   Permalink

Tiki virgins eh! More converts to worship at the altar of rum.

.Make mine a Mai Tai, and maybe a Tiki Puka Puka, and maybe a Navy Grog and ..............................

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 05:02 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday man. And sorry I can't make it...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 05:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-15 05:02, virani wrote:
Happy Birthday man. And sorry I can't make it...

Virani my friend you will be missed by us all!! We'll try to give you good notice for the next BRITIKI wingding!! Au revoir...I think? It's a long time since I did French at school as you can imagine!! The SEXXXY french mistress on exchange I'll remember to my dying day, but that language...Mahalo!

virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-16 01:58 am   Permalink

HELLO !? PICTURES SOON ??!!

And can we try to organise a big london event this year, please ? I would so much love to go back for a week end to all the places, have some great concerts... Can anyone organise that, or at least, a big Trader Vics dinner with all the tiki folks ? I can help for sure.

The London Luau was really one of the best tiki event on earth, it's really too bad we don't have any other annual event there.

(sorry, I feel depressed and I miss a lot my european tiki brothers and sisters) !!

Make mine a London sour
Virani

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 06:56 am   Permalink

We had a great time on Friday and it was good to meet up with the Britiki girls and boys.

Trader Jim at his post

Can you spot the new, exclusive mug? [not to scale]

Volcano Cake

The press were on call

Do I have to cut it? It'll loose it's auction value

Moai happy returns

Thanks James the mugs are amazing, like it's made for a mai tai.

Happy Birthday Chap!

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-19 1:15 pm   Permalink

Fab cake exotic tramp

So sorry not to have made it. It was Chris's 40th and we'd made plans for a weekend in Cornwall.

We should definitely plan a summer event and all get together.

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation