FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Trader Jim's 50th Mai-Tai Night 15 Jan @ Trader Vic's - London
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Trader Jim's 50th Mai-Tai Night 15 Jan @ Trader Vic's - London
ExoticTramp

Posted: 2010-01-21 3:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-19 13:15, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Fab cake exotic tramp

Thanks liz a bit shy about TC

[ This Message was edited by: ExoticTramp 2010-01-21 15:18 ]

View Profile of ExoticTramp Send a personal message to ExoticTramp  Email ExoticTramp Goto the website of ExoticTramp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-21 3:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-21 15:15, ExoticTramp wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-01-19 13:15, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Fab cake exotic tramp

Thanks liz a bit shy about TC

Don't be shy, we're all friends here.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-21 4:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting the comments folks and your photos TR! When you said your camera lens was a 50 to 150 I didn't realise you meant it makes a 50 year old look 150 years old!! You wanna get that sorted my friend. Unusually, I didn't take many photos as I was too busy catching up with friends, neighbo(u)rs, relations and work colleagues (also friends!) some of whom I hadn't seen for an age...Thanks for coming guys!! Hopefully you all liked the special '50th Mai-Tai Night' Mai-Tai mug I created for my BIG 5-0 tiki soiree?

The aforementioned 50th Mai-Tai Night mugs.

I'll put another post in 'creating tiki' with some photos of the somewhat basic sculpt (it was my first go at making a mug!), the test glazes and the mugs in CheekyTiki's 'Mud Hut' were it was produced. I'll try to do that at the weekend.

Trader Vic's flaming skull mug take some beating in the 'wow factor' stakes! Chris C ordered that one! I don't think I've ever seen him with a cocktail that was anything other than FULL ON! Although, rumo(u)r has it, he snuck out the back and had a Mai-Tai in one of the 50th Mai-Tai mugs when no one was looking.

Sian's 'Sno-ai-dea' birthday cake echoed the snow that we recently had here in good ol' blighty and yes, the Belgian chocolate moais around the outside tasted FANTASTIC! The Snow moai was cast from one of the mugs that we did for the 'Tiki Mugs' book launch at Trader Vic's last March.

The volcano chocolate fudges lived up to expectation!

Proof that it looked good enough to eat!!!

The following day we headed over to CheekyTiki where Sian gave me the last of my birthday presents...a 'Tiki Towers' wooden sign for the front door here at...yep you guessed it...TIKI TOWERS! Great job Jamie, it's perfect.

Couldn't wait to see what it would look like when we got home!

Tiki Racer gave me an awesome pith helmet which he had customised specially for me, which is in one of his photos but I want to post some others in a seperate post later. It really is the dogs bollocks! Simone gave me a great tiki notebook which was bound by her own fair hand and used a Trader Vic's poster that TR bought back from his stateside trip. I'm a lucky guy I know!

Thanks to ALL who came along on Friday and joined me in a Mai-Tai...or plenty, and made my birthday a really special one! Thanks also to the folks at Trader Vic's for giving us the 'Tiki Room' for the night, great service as usual, one classy establishment! If anyone else has got some good photos of the shindig we'd love to see them.

Enjoy your mugs and spare a thought for the ol' fella!

Take care - Trader Jim (make mine a Mai-Tai...in my 50th Mai-Tai mug of course!!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chrisc
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-23 12:54 pm   Permalink

My photos of the event (first time I've posted any, so fingers crossed...
Yes, I did have a Mai Tai in the special mug... said receptacle now happily ensconced atop my bamboo Tiki cabinet
Thanks for a great time Trader Jim and once again many happy returns!

CHRIS

View Profile of Chrisc Send a personal message to Chrisc  Goto the website of Chrisc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-24 12:29 pm   Permalink

Wow, terrfic party for a wonderful guy, congratulations on having a great night full of tiki fun. You look wonderful darling, 50 no way! Wendy and Dan too

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 08:04 am   Permalink

Yeah, but from now on it's all downhill! Jim, congrats, for keeping yourself and the Tiki spirit alive. One of these days, I gotta spend some quality time over there, do the whole thing, Trader Vic's, British Museum, the Cheeky Tiki bars, etc. Maybe on my way to my next job in Prague in March...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-26 11:21 am   Permalink

Make sure you tell us all, Sven, in time to arrange a night out!

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-26 3:04 pm   Permalink

Damn, looks like I missed out on a great time!
Super mug Jim - hope you got a few spare...

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-26 3:47 pm   Permalink

Wow fab cake !

Happy Belated Birthday fella.

And may I just say that you look dang good for being half a century old!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 2:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-26 11:21, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Make sure you tell us all, Sven, in time to arrange a night out!

You heard the lady Big Bro...The Britiki hospitality party are waiting in the wings!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, I really had a cool evening (easy to do at Trader Vic's of course!), with my friends old and new. Glad the mugs have gone to good homes and for those who didn't see it on the night, I've posted pics of my Kustom Pith Helmet that Tiki Racer created for me as a Birthday present...THANKS TR!!!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35428&forum=18&start=last&0

Hopefully the link will be fine but it is in the 'Creating Tiki - Other Crafts' section if it isn't.

When I've sorted my pics and gotten my act together a bit more, I'll post some stuff on the 'Make mine a Mai-Tai' mug. Hopein' to get a regular run produced in the near future.

MAHALO to one and all! - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation