FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Meshugga Beach Party invade So. Cal. Fri. Jan. 15th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Meshugga Beach Party invade So. Cal. Fri. Jan. 15th
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 11:41 am   Permalink

Nor. Cal. Favorites and Regulars at Forbidden Island tiki bar, come down to spread their word in So. Cal.
This is an amazing band.

and George Tomsco of the 50's and 60's legends the Fireballs, playing with 3 Balls of Fire from New Mexico.

please come check them out.

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-01-11 11:44 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 12:10 pm   Permalink

I recommend to get there early as seats are going to go fast.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 12:26 pm   Permalink

for those who have not seen or heard them.

http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com/meshugga/index.htm
and
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=meshuggah+beach+party&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=xohLS-3eHY3KsAPflIHSDg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBYQqwQwAw#

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 09:51 am   Permalink

oy vey

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-01-12 10:45 ]

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-13 09:50 am   Permalink

Hava Nagila from Tiki Oasis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwQRApGgj54

Shecky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-13 8:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks Jeff. We'd love to have all of you Tiki-philes come on out to this show, as we've learned that Tiki people make the best audiences.

View Profile of Shecky Send a personal message to Shecky  Goto the website of Shecky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-13 8:26 pm   Permalink

Oh man, do I wanna make this show !! Here's my Meshugga Beach Party story:

Several years ago, a friend of mine was having a Hanukkah dinner. As a gag gift, I purchased this CD that had a surfing Rabbi on it. I thought it was an appropriate gift since he surfed as well.

We expected the whole thing to be a joke album. That was NOT the case !! It turned out to be a very unique and complimentary combination of both classic surf instrumentals and traditional Jewish folk songs. We couldn't believe what we were hearing. My friend dubbed it "Jewish Soul Surf Music". Yeah, I know these guys look like a joke band but if you appreciate classic surf with a unique twist, go check it out.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MelWaldorf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-13 9:37 pm   Permalink

Boychiks and maydeles, we hope to see you there! For us, sure, but to see George Tomsco, such a mensch!

View Profile of MelWaldorf Send a personal message to MelWaldorf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-13 11:33 pm   Permalink

Check out Meshugga Beach Party on their SoCal tour! Meshugga Beach Party is one of my favorite surf bands and always put on a great and fun show! Go Go Go see them!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-13 11:47 pm   Permalink

If you missed them at Oasis (I know I did - passed out prematurely in my room!!) see this band!!
They play at Forbidden Island on a regular basis and never fail to bring the house down, so to speak. Consistently a huge draw, every time they play!
This looks like one heck of a show...wish I could make it...
Have fun.

Aloha!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-14 12:49 am   Permalink

GROG miss them at Oasis, so hopefully GROG can make it down Friday to Don's to catch these guys. They look like a riot.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 04:34 am   Permalink

It's gonna be a great show and I am bummed I can't make it. Meshugga will not disappoint. They are a kick ass surf band and great people to.
Go support 'em.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 07:56 am   Permalink

Meshugga Beach Party were one of the highlights of last year's Tiki Oasis for us - seriously! Don't tell Trevor I said so, be he got pretty geeked out when he heard that George Tomsco was playing tomorrow night too. Sounds like a great show. We've got a small group of friends coming with us, and are really looking forward to it.

See yahs all tomorrow!

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-14 07:56 am   Permalink

Looking forward to see the Meshugga Beach Party again! These guys (and gal) are amazing! Take advantage of NOT having to trek up north to check them out! WooHoo and I will be there.

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 08:27 am   Permalink

We'll be there after dog training class tomorrow night. I'll need some Semitic surf rock and a Rum Barrel after spending an hour trying to teach old dogs new...well you know. See ya there!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation